*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
Have any guys on here ever tried yoga? I lift and run a couple times per week, but I'm debating about whether to give this a try. I think the increased flexibility would aid in preventing injuries as I get ready to train for a Fall marathon, and although I think I would feel ridiculous chanting, I'm intrigued by the stress relief its supposed to bring.

Yes, its a good way to incorporate stretching into your routine, as you age flexibility is much more important.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Depends on how fast or slow I decide to go. I can probably compact that down to 15 minutes, if necessary. Usually, I go for about 30-40 minutes, and maybe 10-20 minutes of cardio work. My workouts are never more than an hour, but always target only 1 bodypart per day...that way I can maximize the lesser amount of time I want to spend in the gym. More than one bodypart at that kind of time would be inadequate, but targeting just one gives me an awesome targeted workout.

I've condensed my workouts down to about 40 minutes by adding super sets and drop sets. Higher intensity, less time in the gym. Perfect.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
I've condensed my workouts down to about 40 minutes by adding super sets and drop sets. Higher intensity, less time in the gym. Perfect.

I take literally zero breaks. I group my exercises into groups of 3-6 and do 2-3 sets, grab water and back at it. I burn usually 600-900 calories that way with weight training. So much better than 2 hours with HUGE breaks like I see alot of dudes doing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I take literally zero breaks. I group my exercises into groups of 3-6 and do 2-3 sets, grab water and back at it. I burn usually 600-900 calories that way with weight training. So much better than 2 hours with HUGE breaks like I see alot of dudes doing.

Agreed. I try to do the exact same. Even when I go "slow" I'm usually going much faster than most.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Yea, tried it...don't like it.

It's for girls. ;)

Edit: And yes, it's very hard to do, I'm not saying it's not hard. I'm merely saying it's for girls. Because it is. And I don't care what you say.

Yoga was developed by men... so... there goes that theory.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
Yoga was developed by men... so... there goes that theory.

By men for girls. For obvious reasons. :P

Men probably developed tampons and makeup, too...do you use those, too? Theory intact.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
...which proves my theory.

Just shows you've never been to a yoga class. If you did, you'd realize that some of the best talent in town is in there, wearing skimpy clothing and contorting every which way.

Keep laughing. I'll keep smiling.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
Just shows you've never been to a yoga class. If you did, you'd realize that some of the best talent in town is in there, wearing skimpy clothing and contorting every which way.

If and when I do yoga, I am also going to wear yoga pants. I feel like it will really show off my package.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)

I already made it clear that's why men invented it. But it's still for girls. I get to see those same girls, only I watch them while lifting weights...and they look back at us...not the "guys" in their yoga class.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 02:03 PM)
I already made it clear that's why men invented it. But it's still for girls. I get to see those same girls, only I watch them while lifting weights...and they look back at us...not the "guys" in their yoga class.

Did you just crush a beer can on your forehead while typing that?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)

yyyyyeah women are much more attracted to the guys in yoga class than meatheads at the gym.... we're sensitive AND sexy. ;)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
yyyyyeah women are much more attracted to the guys in yoga class than meatheads at the gym.... we're sensitive AND sexy. ;)

You know who else is sensitive AND sexy? That's right...GIRLS. :ph34r:

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
You better stuff that s*** just in case.

Well, I wear a banana hammock while doing it, because I like my junk firm in one spot, but I hate jock straps. And then I stuff a sock down there too. A very long tube sock. Really enunciates the whole idea.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
Yoga is extremely difficult, which is why men dont do it because it makes them look like p*****s in front of a group of yoga pants wearing hotties.

A lot of things are extremely difficult...Yoga just happens to be very a feminine thing IMO, despite how hard it actually is. And it is DAMN hard.

Also, to Reddy, women don't like sensitive men...they just say that so people think they're not shallow. Sensitive men are put into friend zones...the insensitive guy she always b****es about to her sensitive friend...that's the guy she sleeps with. ;)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
A lot of things are extremely difficult...Yoga just happens to be very a feminine thing IMO, despite how hard it actually is.

Also, to Reddy, women don't like sensitive men...they just say that so people think they're now shallow. Sensitive men are put into friend zones...the insensitive guy she always b****es about...that's the guy she sleeps with. ;)

Why do you find yoga feminine? You just sound like a typical self conscious, insecure jock when you say that. PS I'll bet a ton of pro athletes do it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Well, I wear a banana hammock while doing it, because I like my junk firm in one spot, but I hate jock straps. And then I stuff a sock down there too. A very long tube sock. Really enunciates the whole idea.

You have really been on point lately. Ugliest NFL Super Bowl Qbs, how to stuff your pants to make the girls think youve got a massive penis.

I think you should consider becoming the "Dear Abby" for men, because there are a lot of guys who can benefit from your insight.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Why do you find yoga feminine? You just sound like a typical self conscious, insecure jock when you say that. PS I'll bet a ton of pro athletes do it.

That's probably why. ;) I grew up in a blue collar family in a blue collar neighborhood, despite becoming white collar...I still carry a lot of that mentality. This is an example of that mentality shining through. I'm outwardly a "typical guy" type, it's what I grew up in...it's what I am. I can deny it, but when I see guys do yoga, or talk about it...the first thing I say to myself when walking past them is...'what f***ing b****es'. :D

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
That's probably why. ;) I grew up in a blue collar family in a blue collar neighborhood, despite becoming white collar...I still carry a lot of that mentality. This is an example of that mentality shining through. I'm outwardly a "typical guy" type, it's what I grew up in...it's what I am. I can deny it, but when I see guys do yoga, or talk about it...the first thing I say to myself when walking past them is...'what f***ing b****es'. :D

Dude, you eat vegan a few days out of the week. Stop being such a p**** and eat your meat and potatoes!