Soxtalk 20-team League

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Totally missed this draft, but I don't hate my team.. My greatest fantasy successes have come from auto drafted teams.. I need a stud SP though..

Wow, you missed the draft? I'm glad you still like your team, though. :-)

If you'd like to have a second chance at a draft, I have another 20-team league, that is not associated with Soxtalk, that still has 3 spots available. It's the SZBL: Strike Zone Baseball League and 2012 is it's 7th season. A couple managers from last year joined one of our new dynasty leagues and decided to no longer play in the SZBL as. Result. It's a shame, because the SZBL is the granddaddy of all my leagues. :-) Our live online draft for the SZBL is on Friday March 23rd at 8:15pm CDT. Let me know if you're interested in joining the league and taking one of the last 3 available spots.

(If anyone else that reads this thread is interested in joining the SZBL as well, let me know!)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 13, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
We doing this again this year?

Hey Blaze, yes and no. Due to my heavy work schedule, and the difficulty of getting 19 guys from Soxtalk, I decided to consolidate my leagues, so the Soxtalk league will disband and Soxtalk guys can instead join my other 2 yearly redraft 20-team leagues: the SZBL (in existence since 2006) and the GSBL (in existence since 2007). After 2 seasons, it seemed people on Soxtalk preferred the other soxtalk leagues instead of a 20-teamer.

I will send out invites for the soxtalk league, just to temporarily reform it, so that people who played last year can transfer to either the SZBL or the GSBL. Then i'll close the soxtalk league before the draft.

Keep an eye out for the invite and follow the instructions in the commish comments in the STBL for information on how to join the SZBL and/or the GSBL. :)

Just in case those that rejoined the STBL doesnt see the commish note, and to those who never played in the STBL the past 2 seasons that might want to take a chance at a free 20-team fantasy baseball league:

ATTENTION LEAGUE!!!

This league will be CLOSED DOWN. The renewal of this league is intended only as a consolidation effort to reduce my yearly redraft 20-team leagues from 3 to 2, and to retain the active and competitive managers from this league by bringing them to my other two leagues.

My apologies to the people who wanted a Soxtalk-only league. It was becoming increasingly difficult to recruit 19 other managers from Soxtalk each year, and most people from Soxtalk were not that appreciative of my efforts since there's not that many fantasy players on Soxtalk. To those who are fantasy players and those that enjoyed playing in the Soxtalk 20-team league the past 2 seasons, I WANT YOU to come and join one of my other leagues, or both if you want to double the dose of fantasy fun.

My other 2 leagues are the SZBL: Strike Zone Baseball League and the GSBL: Grand Slam Baseball League. The SZBL has been in existence since 2006 and the GSBL has been in existence since 2007. Both leagues' set-up are exactly like this league, same scoring categories, same everything.

The GSBL will be drafting on Friday March 22nd at 9pm CDT.

The SZBL will be drafting on Friday March 29th at 9pm CDT.

If you want to join the GSBL, the info to join from the "get another team" page is:

League ID: 13336

Password: grand

If you want to join the SZBL, the info to join at the "get another team" page is:

League ID: 13186

Password: strike

the "get another team page" is: (copy/paste url if you have to) http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1...league?.scrumb=

If you're having difficulty with joining one of my other leagues, PLEASE SEND ME A PM THROUGH SOXTALK and I'll send you a personal invite.

Please email me even if it says "league is full", because I can check to see if the league you want to join is really full or if one of the teams from last year hasn't joined yet. If one of the teams from last year hasn't joined yet, then I'll have to delete that team and send you an invite after I free up that slot.

Thanks, and I really hope to see you guys in the SZBL and the GSBL! The SZBL currently has 12 out of 20 teams signed up, we have 8 vacancies from turnover and managers moving on to our dynasty leagues. The GSBL currently has 16 out of 20 teams signed up, we have 4 vacancies in the GSBL.

Thanks again, and once again I hope to see you guys join my other leagues.

-Don

Edited by SouthsideDon48

• 11 months later...

Looking to fill up my 2 leagues:

Both of my leagues are 20-team leagues with 25-man rosters and we use these 2 leagues as a recruiting ground for our dynasty leagues.

My leagues needing some extra teams are:

SZBL: needs 4 teams.

GSBL: needs 6 teams.

The SZBL, which needs 4 more teams, has been in existence since 2006, so it's entering it's 9th season. We're doing an old school snake draft on Friday March 14th at 10:30pm CDT.

The GSBL, which needs 6 more teams, has been in existence since 2007. We revamped this league this year by adding divisions, free agent acquistion budgets, and we are doing an AUCTION draft where each team will have an auction draft budget of $999 (Max allowed by yahoo is 999, so I can't go with 1 grand as a reference to the GSBL being called the GRAND SLAM baseball league). We're doing our auction draft on Sunday March 9th at 9:45pm CDT.

If you're interested in joining either one or both of my leagues, please send me PM through soxtalk with your email address and I'll email you an invitation. :)