The division race

Soxplosion

I dont know if anyone else feels the way I do but if we lose the division by like a game, Im gonna be pissed. You dont understand. Im gonna be mad. When we were eight games down or whatever, I was prepared to lose. I no longer cared. The White Sox were done and it didnt bother me that much because I realized KC had the division. Now that weve come back, Im no longer prepared to lose. If we lose on like the last day of the season, Im gonna wish this hot streak never existed. Even tho I was real pissed last nite, Id rather lose 10-0 than 3-2 on a walkoff homerun. In scenario one, Im prepared to lose. In scenario two, Im prepared to win. And that change of momentum hurts...

I want them to be spared of the embarassment theyll receive in the playoffs but if they made the playoffs Id be rooting for them all the way. Which wont be long...

I don't know what's up your butt, but I could definately see the Sox making it to the ALCS. They have a very good 1-2-3 combo(and IMO, it is even better then the Yanks and M's 1-2-3, but not quite as good as the A's 1-2-3. The Red Sox don't really have a 1-2-3, unless you say Pedro, Lowe, Suppan, and I don't. They only have a 1-2 punch), and the bullpen is starting to come around. We have a very potent, very explosive lineup. The only thing possibly holding us back is JM, and I'm not even sure he'd keep us from being successful in the playoffs.

I could definately see the Sox making it to the ALCS.  They have a very good 1-2-3 combo(and IMO, it is even better then the Yanks and M's 1-2-3, but not quite as good as the A's 1-2-3.  The Red Sox don't really have a 1-2-3, unless you say Pedro, Lowe, Suppan, and I don't.  They only have a 1-2 punch), and the bullpen is starting to come around.  We have a very potent, very explosive lineup

I quoted the best part - and add that JM is a better manager than he gets credit for - I have a hunch we will be doing very well this week, by the way

JM is a better manager than he gets credit for

Manuel isn't a bad manager. He just doesn't know how to handle pitchers. He has gotten a bit better as the season has gone on. It helps some of the relief pitchers have done better.

I quoted the best part - and add that JM is a better manager than he gets credit for - I have a hunch we will be doing very well this week, by the way

That's not a bad idea. We'll just let roman answer that, and we'll not visualize it ;)

On a more serious note, I have to agree with you. He does do a better job of managing then a lot of people think he does. He does sometimes mishandle the bullpen(but I'm fine with having Rick White call him out on that, because now Rick White is in Charlotte, or maybe he will go to St. Louis, or somewhere else, where he can suck), and he will occassionally make some dumb managerial moves(such as bunting with 2 strikes, not using the hit-and-run enough, bunting when you shouldn't, not bunting when you should, etc), but overall, I'd say he's been better this year then he has in the past.

I want to make the playoffs regardless.

It is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

That goes for the playoffs too.

I am a competitor and want to take our chances in the playoffs.

I just think it's sad we're already two back of KC again.

They ain't goin away.

On a more serious note, I have to agree with you.  He does do a better job of managing then a lot of people think he does.  He does sometimes mishandle the bullpen(but I'm fine with having Rick White call him out on that, because now Rick White is in Charlotte, or maybe he will go to St. Louis, or somewhere else, where he can suck), and he will occassionally make some dumb managerial moves(such as bunting with 2 strikes, not using the hit-and-run enough, bunting when you shouldn't, not bunting when you should, etc), but overall, I'd say he's been better this year then he has in the past.

Agreed. My dad said Tony LaRussa was the same way when he started, and look at him now. Manuel has gotten better and I think he will keep getting better.

If you don't want the sox to make the playoffs to "save them from the embarrassment", I don't think you can consider yourself a sox fan.

All sox fans want this team to get hot and make it to the playoffs. But who knows what's gonna happen in the last 2 months?

IF, i said if, the sox make the playoffs and win the division series, it would be the biggest thing in chicago baseball in a long time. I can't even think of the last time this happened.

Just winning a game would be pretty big, the sox got swept in 2000 as did the cubs in '98.

Go (to the playoffs and win) Sox!

I can't even think of the last time this happened.

The reason you are drawing a blank is because it hasn't happened. Well, not since 1917, the last time we won a playoff series of any kind(and IIRC, that was the last time a baseball team in Chicago won any kind of playoff series).

I want them to be spared of the embarassment theyll receive in the playoffs but if they made the playoffs Id be rooting for them all the way. Which wont be long...

You never know the way these short series will play themselves out. No one expected two wildcard teams to get to the World Series last year, either. If they get there, the Sox have the pitching and hitting to make some noise.

Ten bucks says that if the Sox are rolling at the end of September, make the postseason, and win a couple of games, roman here will be telling us how he, "always believed," and other horses***.

Here's some recommend reading, pal.

5113257.gif

No they didn't.  The first LCS wasn't played until 1969.

The last time a Chicago team has won a play-off series is 1917.  Sox 4, Giants 2.

D'oh. :bang The smilie with the hammer would be doublem and I would be the guy getting his head bashed in.

No they didn't.  The first LCS wasn't played until 1969.

The last time a Chicago team has won a play-off series is 1917.  Sox 4, Giants 2.

I was gonna say that too, but figured i already gave danman enough of a beatin for one day lol. :bang

So, the last time any playoff games were won was in '94 right?

I was only a young lad so excuse me for not knowing and being too lazy to look it up.

The last play-off game the Sox won was Game 4 of the 1993 ALCS to knot the series with the 'Jays at 2.

There was no play-offs in 1994 because of the strike, but the Sox were leading the A.L. Central by a game when the season got the axe, if that makes you feel any better. :huh:

I was gonna say that too, but figured i already gave danman enough of a beatin for one day lol. :bang

I can take it in this case considering I was totally wrong. I didn't know if I was right, I just assumed I was right. About earlier, you said I needed to take it easy because it was a game, but I was never that mad.

I can take it in this case considering I was totally wrong. I didn't know if I was right, I just assumed I was right. About earlier, you said I needed to take it easy because it was a game, but I was never that mad.

Your posts had a lot of foul language, figured you were pissed about the sox losing. :huh: