We lost

Jordan4life_2003

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic crowd on hand tonight.  Somethine like 43, 000 I heard.  It no doubt had the feel of a playoff gm tonight.  The intensity and electricity was there like it hasn't been since the 2000 playoffs.  I hope this continues the rest of the year  :headbang

It was great. But the team disappointed all the fans that went to the game.

Hey guys, just got back from the game, had some nice UD seats behind the plate. Well......let me tell you, the crowd was electric tonight, the sox got a huge ovation and the crowd was hanging with every pitch tonight. I guess the sox choked under pressure, they finally get some national media attention and they got a picture perfect welcome-home from all the fans there and they blew it. They sent all 43K of us there home unhappy. I don't know what the hell happened in that 6th inning, that's just inexcusable.

there were a couple fights i saw in the stands at near the end of the ninth inning a huge fight seemed to erupt in the UD close to right field and it seemed pretty bad as i saw lots of arms flying and people being kicked around

I saw that too, where were u sitting?

CWSOX45

I don't know what crowd you were watching, but this crowd sucked. Really, really sucked. I was upper deck box, by third base. I need to rant on this....

So there's this guy in the upper deck constantly pounding on like a roof or a beam, and that somehow gets the crowd going, and he was real drunk and everyone just stared at him. He did this like every other inning, just to be loud and stupid. And the fans just stared at him and got rowdy for it and didn't watch the game. He later got ejected - huge ovation from the crowd.

And we had not one, but double f***ing waves going at once when we rallied and were down a run. First place team at hand, we're rallying, not one, TWO f***ING WAVES. i was ready to puke. And i know i've harped on this before. But it was a joke. I was pissed the whole night so this just tacked onto it. Then, they all act like they saw the Olivo swinging hit by pitch (which he swung at and is out) and then yelled bulls*** for a long time. Horrible just horrible.

And now the worst part. I saw, with my own eyes, 3 different fights, and i'm sure there were more. For those of you that stuck around til the last inning of the game, a huge huge huge fight in the left field upper deck all the way down the line. I think security guys even got hit. Punching, kicking, throwing down stairs...it was ugly. I was really embarrassed. I was talking to my friend and said "how in the hell are we supposed to defend our fans against cub fans". i'll give cubs fans this, that s*** never goes on there. No waves, not many if any fights. We had a lot of em tonight, a lot of fights, and some were vicious. No one was watchign the game, at least in the upper deck, and i just really had it with this crowd. There were about 5 people in my section actually paying attention to the game most of the time.

The crowd was electric at the start, and for a few at bats. Then they lost interest and did waves and fought and watched fights and were just really obnoxious. Tonight was an absolute joke. Man, that fight down the third base line was the ugliest one i've seen yet, and i didn't even watch most of it, i was trying to watch the damn game - what a concept. We draw too many trashass drunk fans to these damn half price nights. When cub fans call us a bunch of trashy unintelligent fans, i don't know what i'm supposed to say anymore. Throw on the result of the game, and this night really pissed me off. Sox "fans" piss me off - thank god i have you guys around. Unreal. Fans should definitely be ashamed of themselves tonight - it was awful

Thats truly horrible. I cant believe this. But one thing I dont understand is why the beam pounder drunk was thrown out. The way you describe it he wasnt doing anything. OK, hitting a beam to be dumb, I wouldnt do it but I dont give a crap if he does it. Let him do what he wants, he paid the money. Geez, I guess people could come and sleep or go for a jog. Thats retarded too but they paid the money, let em do what they please...

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this "koch this", we drew almost a sellout on a monday! That never happens, us fans are used to smaller crowds, which means less fights and less rowdiness. When more people come of course your going to see more stupid behavior, it's nothing to get upset about. Even I was getting a little rowdy tonight, I don't think you can blame the crowd for getting a little pissed, the way the sox played tonight sure wasn't helping.

Thats truly horrible. I cant believe this. But one thing I dont understand is why the beam pounder drunk was thrown out. The way you describe it he wasnt doing anything. OK, hitting a beam to be dumb, I wouldnt do it but I dont give a crap if he does it. Let him do what he wants, he paid the money. Geez, I guess people could come and sleep or go for a jog. Thats retarded too but they paid the money, let em do what they please...

It was LOUD and obnoxious. I mean, really loud. I bet people heard it downstairs. he was way too obnoxious and drunk. And, i think he resisted security trying to get rid of him. It was nuts. Terrible crowd, thoroughly disappointed. I'd rather have 8,000 good fans at these games. Tonight was garbage.

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this "koch this", we drew almost a sellout on a monday! That never happens, us fans are used to smaller crowds, which means less fights and less rowdiness.  When more people come of course your going to see more stupid behavior, it's nothing to get upset about.  Even I was getting a little rowdy tonight, I don't think you can blame the crowd for getting a little pissed, the way the sox played tonight sure wasn't helping.

There were huge fights all over the place!!!!!!

I don't see every other team drawing big crowds having obnoxious drunks and fights all over the place

Tonight was a circus, but you can disagree if you want to.

It was LOUD and obnoxious. I mean, really loud. I bet people heard it downstairs. he was way too obnoxious and drunk. And, i think he resisted security trying to get rid of him. It was nuts. Terrible crowd, thoroughly disappointed. I'd rather have 8,000 good fans at these games. Tonight was garbage.

What was he doing? Hitting it with a baseball bat? I dont see how he could be so loud. I sleep with the radio on so I guess such a thing just wouldnt bother me...

There were huge fights all over the place!!!!!!

I don't see every other team drawing big crowds having obnoxious drunks and fights all over the place

Tonight was a circus, but you can disagree if you want to.

Agreed. A sellout means nothing if its just a buncha brawling drunks. Tonite sounded really bad...

What was he doing? Hitting it with a baseball bat? I dont see how he could be so loud. I sleep with the radio on so I guess such a thing just wouldnt bother me...

Actually, i think it was just his hand...though i wasn't awed by it and didn't watch him the whole time...and when i say loud, i mean loud. Something up there on those beams rattles a ton and made it easy for this guy to generate a ton of noise.

I havent saw sportscenter, was there any mention of it? I understand what you mean Koch about our fans being disorderly, my brother was there and thought ESPN would probably have a 10 minute feature on it.

Now the wave i have no problem with, im not going to get pissed off of that. But the MAJORITY of the 44,000 fans were very into the game.

If i can pick up the Sun Times without reading a Moronitti or Joe Jackson article bashing the hillbilly sox fans ill be happy.