White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
Cahill is going down!

Cahill is a stud. If the Sox hated facing Masterson, wait until they pile up the ground outs tonight against a real sinkerballer. Better change the approach or this is gonna be a quick game in the A's favor.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Cahill is a stud. If the Sox hated facing Masterson, wait until they pile up the ground outs tonight against a real sinkerballer. Better change the approach or this is gonna be a quick game in the A's favor.

Adam Dunn > Sinkerballers.

“Yeah, when he tells me he ready to go I am going to give him an extra day,” White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. “He talked to me yesterday... every time he’s running, he’s uncomfortable there. And we better wait to see how he’s running the bases a little bit. Very cautious for us. Obviously the pain is going to be there. How much he is going to tolerate that is the question. I’ll give him another day.”

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
One of the great things about baseball is that there is another game tomorrow. Win the next two, and take the series!

This. We're a pretty good team in a division that isn't strong. If Cleveland's in first place still, it's too early to panic (This applies to all sports Post-LeBron).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
Yup. The sox have finished 3 series, and are 2-0-1. Just keep winning series.

I would like to rid the world of this mindset.

Winning series only matters in October. They have 162 opportunities to try to win 90+ games, or whatever it takes, to make the playoffs.

Winning streaks win divisions.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
I would like to rid the world of this mindset.

Winning series only matters in October. They have 162 opportunities to try to win 90+ games, or whatever it takes, to make the playoffs.

Winning streaks win divisions.

Win every series and that's about 2/3 of your games and over 100 wins. When you start losing series is when you need the winning streaks to make up for that.

They have 36, 3-game series, and the other 54 games make up 2 and 4-game series. How about just ignore how many games you play a team at one time, and try to win every one of them? Obviously, it's not going to happen, but the mindset should be to take the field THAT DAY to try to win a game. Rinse, wash, repeat the next day.

I just think if you win the first two games of a series, they fall into a false sense of security knowing they "won the series".

Don Cooper says this all the time, and it drives me nuts.