Angels @ White Sox, Sunday 1:10 PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 01:17 PM)
Pine tar would be just as valuable as CG last 2 years. :lolhitting

It's ironic because I always considered Thornton a great trade chip if they went into a rebuilding period.

Now his value as a set-up man at for $5.5 million is pretty much just a salary dump unless he turns it around somehow....even then, only 5-7 teams, at best, would be able to afford that luxury.

You have to hold on to Ramirez, Beckham, Santos and Sale...and many would argue now's the time to trade Alexei if you rebuild.

I still think that new contract's favorable enough that you could go into rebuilding with the middle infield set for the next half decade. That's a good starting point.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
This team is never going to please you, so you may as well turn your TV off. Regardless of whether they win or lose, you are going to be pissed off and someone is going to be doing something wrong, so not watching them will make you happier.

Thanks Dr. Phil. Here's a dime.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
It's ironic because I always considered Thornton a great trade chip if they went into a rebuilding period.

Now his value as a set-up man at for $5.5 million is pretty much just a salary dump unless he turns it around somehow....even then, only 5-7 teams, at best, would be able to afford that luxury.

You have to hold on to Ramirez, Beckham, Santos and Sale...and many would argue now's the time to trade Alexei if you rebuild.

I still think that new contract's favorable enough that you could go into rebuilding with the middle infield set for the next half decade. That's a good starting point.

The Sox aren't going to be rebuilding any time soon.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)

What does rebuilding mode even mean?? Get rid of all your players for youth? DO you want to

wait 25 years like the Royals did to have a good decade coming up?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)

Not that it would happen, but if those 4 are the ones you build around, that would be the worst team in baseball. Konerko's obviously not going anywhere, nor is Dunn for at least 2 years.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)

I would say goodbye to MB, CQ and AJ. Sign Danks longterm and IF EJ will not sign trade him to highest bidder at trade deadline and make them eat a contract like Teahan as part of the deal.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
I would say goodbye to MB, CQ and AJ. Sign Danks longterm and IF EJ will not sign trade him to highest bidder at trade deadline and make them eat a contract like Teahan as part of the deal.

How many teams are going to take on both Jackson and Teahen's contract at the deadline?

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
Relax Sox fans, it's too early to jump ship...

Few if any are jumping ship but we have the right to be pi$$ed off the way the Sox have played of late. That's all that's going on is everybody"s frustration showing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
How many teams are going to take on both Jackson and Teahen's contract at the deadline?

I cannot answer that today, but when it is nut cutting time a team will be willing to pay the price IMO!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
We've got Floyd, who's more like a #4 who occasionally pitches like a 1/2 but not consistently...who knows long-term with Peavy, and Sale.

If Peavy and Sale can be top 3 level starters, we could be okay to fill in the back of the rotation.

But what are the odds of that, of both things happening....and those guys staying healthy together for an extended period of time?

It's really time to stop expecting much of anything from Peavy, especially him being a top 3 starter. If you are relying on him long term you are going to be severely disappointed.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
Few if any are jumping ship but we have the right to be pi$$ed off the way the Sox have played of late. That's all that's going on is everybody"s frustration showing.

Calling for guys to be traded and fired, it's pretty early for that. The season is already a whole 9% over, uh oh...

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
Calling for guys to be traded and fired, it's pretty early for that. The season is already a whole 0.09% over, uh oh...

This is just not about 2011 patterns with certain players have been obvious for a while now.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
It's really time to stop expecting much of anything from Peavy, especially him being a top 3 starter. If you are relying on him long term you are going to be severely disappointed.

Thank you...it's really sad what's happened to him.

I think Sox FO know that their only chance to make a profit/break even is to keep trying to field a competitive team. As long as KW is running this team, they won't rebuild. You really think they can properly evaluate young talent anyways?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I hate when the Sox are in these modes where they just drop game after game and you start

to get numb to it. :gosoxretro:

It is like watching the same movie over and over again. I am sure the fire Greg Walker talk will start 2 minutes after this game is over.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
When the alternative is Buddy Bell, I hope this team starts winning to save Guillen's job.

I hope this team starts winning to make me happy

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
Calling for guys to be traded and fired, it's pretty early for that. The season is already a whole 0.09% over, uh oh...

I agree, but people say stupid stuff when they're pi##ed off and frustrated. We'll be 7-8, in reality that's hardly worthy of panic. But, we all know the record COULD be better than that and this corpseball of the last few days is frustrating to watch.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
It is like watching the same movie over and over again. I am sure the fire Greg Walker talk will start 2 minutes after this game is over.

This slump has nothing to do with Walker. Slumping against some of the best pitchers in the world is excusable. It's the bullpen/Ozzie's fault we didn't have more of a cushion to be over .500 right now.