White Sox at Tampa Bay Rays

justBLAZE

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
pierre lf

vizquel 2b

quentin rf

PK 1b

dunn dh

rios cf

AJ c

ramirez ss

teahen 3b

floyd p

So with dunn currently hitting like kotsay, this is basically the same crap offense we had last year

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:53 PM)
So with dunn currently hitting like kotsay, this is basically the same crap offense we had last year

Atleast Dunn mixes it up with walks and strikeouts. Kotsay's 4-3 putouts got old real fast.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Nah, cause we have TCQ instead of CQ right now. Big difference.

It's so important for our offense to get back to "holy s***, what a steal Rios was" instead of "holy s***, what a bad move Rios was". Really hope he keeps the momentum going from last night. Like you said, Quentin is swinging well enough to carry this offense if people get on in front of him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
It's so important for our offense to get back to "holy s***, what a steal Rios was" instead of "holy s***, what a bad move Rios was". Really hope he keeps the momentum going from last night. Like you said, Quentin is swinging well enough to carry this offense if people get on in front of him.

I can honestly say I have no faith in Rios. Had that feeling going into the season and just still do, he's obviously going to be better than this but overall, I expect him to have a below average year at the plate. And if he does indeed do that, he needs to stop letting it effect his fielding.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
I can honestly say I have no faith in Rios. Had that feeling going into the season and just still do, he's obviously going to be better than this but overall, I expect him to have a below average year at the plate. And if he does indeed do that, he needs to stop letting it effect his fielding.

Just like with our fielding, it's not possible for Rios to play worse. I wouldn't mind seeing him maybe bat 2nd to try and get him more fastballs. The faith is dwindling, but he's here for a while and not going anywhere so him getting going is important for a lot of reasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Just like with our fielding, it's not possible for Rios to play worse. I wouldn't mind seeing him maybe bat 2nd to try and get him more fastballs. The faith is dwindling, but he's here for a while and not going anywhere so him getting going is important for a lot of reasons.

Actually, this was something that popped into my head recently as well. With Beckham and Dunn scuffling, move Rios and CQ to the 2-3 spots(obviously Ozzie has already made one of those changes).

Rios is far from an ideal 2 hitter but it might be a decent way to shake some things up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
If you want to be technical about it, you are already wrong...

But I don't wanna be technical about it. I'm just talking s***. But the losing streak will end tonight.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
If they lose, I will personally go to your house and punch your face in front of your girlfriend.

You probably wouldn't wanna try that. It wouldn't be a good idea.

Edited by Chet Kincaid