4/28 Games

flavum

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
Combined stats of the back end pair in the B-Ham bullpen (Infante and Remenowsky) so far this season...

15.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 18 K (0.30 WHIP, 0.00 ERA, .127 AvgA, 1.1 BB/9, 11.6 K/9)

That'll work.

Infante should really be in Charlotte. We could use another capable arm in our pen and AA obviously isn't challenging him. Unless they have him there to work on something specific, he needs to be moved up soon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
Infante should really be in Charlotte. We could use another capable arm in our pen and AA obviously isn't challenging him. Unless they have him there to work on something specific, he needs to be moved up soon.

Yeah I still don't understand how he ended up in Birmingham unless they were making him a starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Yeah I still don't understand how he ended up in Birmingham unless they were making him a starter.

Hey Southie,

Charlotte has a darn good pen right now too. I think both Bruney and Kinney are unscored upon, or close to it. Let Infante build up his stats in AA, better trade bait for KW then...

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
Hey Southie,

Charlotte has a darn good pen right now too. I think both Bruney and Kinney are unscored upon, or close to it. Let Infante build up his stats in AA, better trade bait for KW then...

I know what the results look like so far, but it seems strange for a kid that was being written into Chicago's pen by many, to end up down in AA. It makes me wonder if the brass saw something they didn't like. It is a pretty unusual move by the Sox honestly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
I know what the results look like so far, but it seems strange for a kid that was being written into Chicago's pen by many, to end up down in AA. It makes me wonder if the brass saw something they didn't like. It is a pretty unusual move by the Sox honestly.

It's strange, but I don't think it's strange enough to raise concerns about Infante. It's not as if he had been with Charlotte and then moved him back down to AA. He's never pitched in AAA.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
It's strange, but I don't think it's strange enough to raise concerns about Infante. It's not as if he had been with Charlotte and then moved him back down to AA. He's never pitched in AAA.

I don't ever remember the Sox sending a guy back to AA after they had called him up to the majors.