Teahen on DL, McPherson recalled from AAA

flavum

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Come on, rant? My post was not even close to a rant. Jesus Christ, guys. The slightest big of negativity and the person is a raving lunatic now?

I agree with this. Look at things objectively and say the White Sox are not doing so good on an issue or simply say they suck, if they do, and you get labled a quitter, loser, bandwagon jumper,etc. I have been a White Sox fan my whole life and have lived on the south side and the south suburbs my whole life. My loyalty is beyond question, but not seeing things as they are doesn't make you a traitor it makes you a Cubs fan.

Edited by since56

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are almost through May, and Adam Dunn has 4 homers. For all of that [correct] talk about him being the most consistent player in baseball over the last 8-10 years, it looks like we'll be the lucky recipients of the season that breaks that trend. I don't see him hitting 40 this year anymore.

That's just our luck, it seems.

QUOTE (since56 @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
I agree with this. Look at things objectively and say the White Sox are not doing so good on an issue or simply say they suck, if they do, and you get labled a quitter, loser, bangwadon jumper,etc. I have been a White Sox fan my whole life and have lived on the south side and the south suburbs my whole life. My loyalty is beyond question, but not seeing things as they are doesn't make you a traitor it makes you a Cubs fan.

;)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
We are almost through May, and Adam Dunn has 4 homers. For all of that [correct] talk about him being the most consistent player in baseball over the last 8-10 years, it looks like we'll be the lucky recipients of the season that breaks that trend. I don't see him hitting 40 this year anymore.

What a straight up bust he's been so far. He's putting up Kotsay type numbers.

EDIT: *Awaits Balta to show me how incorrect my last statement is because Dunn has 3 more walks or something*

Edited by BigSqwert

I blame Greg Walker

;)

I haven't seen him take an Adam Dunn type swing since the first week of teh season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I blame Greg Walker

Why not? When 90% of the offense is underperforming, there's got to be something wrong our players' approaches at the plate. Do other teams experience such team-wide slumps? Maybe, but definitely not as frequntly as our team has in the Greg Walker era. The offensive struggles can't just be on the players.

There is absolutely no harm that a new hitting could cause. I guess Konerko could regress a little, but everyone else can only get better. How could guys like Rios and Beckham do much worse?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I blame Greg Walker

Why not? When 90% of the offense is underperforming, there's got to be something wrong our players' approaches at the plate. Do other teams experience such team-wide slumps? Maybe, but definitely not as frequntly as our team has in the Greg Walker era. The offensive struggles can't just be on the players.

There is absolutely no harm that a new hitting could cause. I guess Konerko could regress a little, but everyone else can only get better. How could guys like Rios and Beckham do much worse?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)

EDIT: *Awaits Balta to show me how incorrect my last statement is because Dunn has 3 more walks or something*

No. Dunn's been terrible. He had a good week in early may.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)

Kotsay - .273/.378/.325/.702

Dunn - .202/.323/.372/.695

• 3 weeks later...

I know today was supposed to be the day that Teahen made it back to Chicago, but it looks like he is sticking around scenic Charlotte, at least for today.

KnightsBaseball Charlotte Knights

Tonight's lineup: De Aza8 Gallagher3 Teahen7 Viciedo9 Flowers2 McPherson5 MilledgeDH Garcia4 Escobar6 Lucas "Birthday Boy" Harrell P

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Interesting. We don;'t need all the pitchers since they all had Thursday off, but who are we to question...

We're also facing a LHP today, and Teahen was nearly Adam Dunn bad against LHP last year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
We're also facing a LHP today, and Teahen was nearly Adam Dunn bad against LHP last year.

Think they might call him up after the game? He would have to rush to get back to Chitown. You are correct about Teahen and the lefty thing. I didn't even consider that. But, as we knew, it doesn't appear Viciedo is on the way up either. I don't expect it for quite awhile do you?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Think they might call him up after the game? He would have to rush to get back to Chitown. You are correct about Teahen and the lefty thing. I didn't even consider that. But, as we knew, it doesn't appear Viciedo is on the way up either. I don't expect it for quite awhile do you?

If Viciedo stays down for most of the year, it could buy us another arbitration year for him.

I think he's down there until someone gets sold off. Or until rosters expand.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
If Viciedo stays down for most of the year, it could buy us another arbitration year for him.

I think he's down there until someone gets sold off. Or until rosters expand.

God, I hope you're wrong.

Teahen's presence on the roster may be the main thing keeping Dayan from helping us. KW has thrown away so much cash recently, that a swallowing of Teahen's horrific deal seems bigger than it would otherwise. Sad.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
God, I hope you're wrong.

Teahen's presence on the roster may be the main thing keeping Dayan from helping us. KW has thrown away so much cash recently, that a swallowing of Teahen's horrific deal seems bigger than it would otherwise. Sad.

For awhile there I didn't know what team KW was most fascinated with: The Royals or the DBacks.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
For awhile there I didn't know what team KW was most fascinated with: The Royals or the DBacks.

Yes. I'm waiting for the final de-Royalling.

At least we got Q from the D'bags.