Dodgers @ White Sox, 5/20, 7:10, CSN

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/05/the-...s-you-macho-man

Ozzie tweeted about Macho, I don't think AJ has. I just know he loves his wrestling.

Let's win it for Mach, he once tried out for the White Sox. OoOoOOoOOoooO Yeahhhh. Dig it!

Really?

Also, sick hook by Humber there. That thing drops off the table.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 20, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
Can't be afraid in the 1st inning. Should have nibbled.

It's not being afraid, its called smart managing...wait a second, Ozzie is our manager. Never mind.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 21, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
Can't be afraid in the 1st inning. Should have nibbled.

No, he should have pitched around. Humber almost looks too fresh, as his velocity is higher than usual. This Dodgers lineup is terrible, and only has two guys you need to be careful with. When Hawk calls out your strategy, you know you messed up.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
No, he should have pitched around. Humber almost looks too fresh, as his velocity is higher than usual. This Dodgers lineup is terrible, and only has two guys you need to be careful with. When Hawk calls out your strategy, you know you messed up.

Pitching around or nibbling, I agree with. Intentionally walking a batter in the 1st inning, I do not.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)
Lilly has nothing on his pitches. It's games like this I wish Viciedo was on the roster so Dunn can't continue his 0 for the season vs lefties.

Didn't Dunn say last year he didn't want to DH at the trade deadline when all of those rumors were surrounding him? He better heat up soon otherwise he's just another guy to worry about (i.e. Rios, Beckham, etc)

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
Didn't Dunn say last year he didn't want to DH at the trade deadline when all of those rumors were surrounding him? He better heat up soon otherwise he's just another guy to worry about (i.e. Rios, Beckham, etc)

I believe he has said that over his entire career, but after he was signed said he now just wants to win, and will play wherever.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 20, 2011 -> 06:34 PM)
I believe he has said that over his entire career, but after he was signed said he now just wants to win, and will play wherever.

You got to wonder how much that is affecting his hitting, as it's been pretty ugly and we're now 2 months into the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Lilly has nothing on his pitches. It's games like this I wish Viciedo was on the roster so Dunn can't continue his 0 for the season vs lefties.

Well, it's still not worse than kotsay

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:35 PM)
You got to wonder how much that is affecting his hitting, as it's been pretty ugly and we're now 2 months into the season.

If he is really a great player, it shouldn't affect him this much. I would think if anything, the appendectomy had more of an effect.