Dodgers @ White Sox, 5/20, 7:10, CSN

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was encouraging.

Humber's had a knack for pitching out of jams so far this season.

For a minute, maybe he thought he was still pitching for the Mets against the Dodgers.

CLE and DET are both trailing by 4 runs. That's encouraging.

Looks like pretty brutal weather there in Chicago. On Stranger Tides, indeed.

Hawk called that Rios looper an RBI just a bit too fast there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (cws0591 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
to get Ozzies look of disgust?

Yeah, it was a joke, because Morel had the best game of his young career 3 games ago, with the game-tying HR and the 2 great defensive plays, and then Ozzie benched him for 2 games.

Basically, any time Morel does something good, the joke will be that Ozzie is pissed about it, and Morel will be benched for succeeding.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Some woman in the stands "Come on Adam Dunn, you strike out more than Thome!".

Does this lady know who she is talking to? You heckle him for his lack of power, not for something he has done his entire life (strike out).

Nothing like the raspy shrill of a drunk who wants to contribute her wisdom to the masses.

I'm sure Ozzie's just trying to get Morel with the most favorable pitching match-ups to raise his confidence and batting average.

Obviously he'll play against all lefties, but I have no problem with it until Morel gets in a real groove offensively, as long as the team's winning.

Morel just had another error saved there. Has Morel always thrown from so far down or was that just sloppy mechanics on a slower runner where he had all the time in the world to throw him out?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
I'm sure Ozzie's just trying to get Morel with the most favorable pitching match-ups to raise his confidence and batting average.

Obviously he'll play against all lefties, but I have no problem with it until Morel gets in a real groove offensively, as long as the team's winning.

He's been in a grove hittif better than .300 since may1 and he's hit righties better than lefties.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)

Morel just had another error saved there. Has Morel always thrown from so far down or was that just sloppy mechanics on a slower runner where he had all the time in the world to throw him out?

It's not very easy to get in to a groove when you are playing once every 3 games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)

careless. The kind of thong you do when you get benched 2 days in a row for a AAA backup.

It's still hard to discount the fact that Omar played such a huge role in 2010 getting us going and has had a number of key performances already in 2011.

The team's 9-3 recent record (I'll use greg775 logic here) argues that Ozzie's been right more often than not about line-ups the past 2 weeks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
f***ing bunting, nothing like wasting strike or generating outs because your manager is confused about the league he is in and his personnel.

I bet Brent did that on his own for a hit.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
f***ing bunting, nothing like wasting strike or generating outs because your manager is confused about the league he is in and his personnel.

You're logic is so silly, so you're saying that you can't bunt in the al? but it's ok in the nl? I rather bunt force the defense to move