Sox at Texas series finale May 25 Game Thread

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
IMO this is on Kenny because he's gotten us a lot of attractive pieces but with many of them not doing jack squat and NO ONE in the farm system... assuming the Sox don't pick it up and win this division we have a lose-lose; A bunch of overpayed hacks likely no one will want and no one to replace them in the minors. Should we even actually GET some young talent in a proposed firesale it couldn't be much, and then what's left? If we sell the ones who are producing we have a complete s*** team; if we sell the ones who aren't we won't get a whole lot back and we really don't look any better on paper... all this while still having the same farm system dilemma unless we somehow magically turn wine (whatever meh prospects we get back in proposed firesale) into gold. I don't see that happening and I don't see it being a good risk.

We're f***ed if this team can't produce, hence, "All In."

I agree that our farm system has been raped. We have some at that level and notably Viciedo that might help, but not many. Flowers maybe, but he and Dyan might still be that year away. After that it's thin or works in progress. I guess we have what we have and that's it so go for it all

But, saying that we don;t see a lot of the traded away players making it. I would have liked to have seen Gio Gonzalez and Clayton Richard and maybe C Young in Az. stay with the Sox, but aftr that even though traded players are in the bigs they haven't done all that great.

Edited by elrockinMT

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:31 PM)
I agree that our farm system has been raped. We have some at that level and notably Viciedo that might help, but not many. Flowers maybe, but he and Dyan might still be that year away. After that it's thin or works in progress. I guess we have what we have and that's it so go for it all

Tyler Flowers simply does not look like a major league baseball player.

I'm worried about Flowers because he's been touted for years now and yet... nothing. And WTF happened to Donny Lucy? A mass amount of the pessimism I have comes from the Sox's judgment of prospects. How many that we sell high on actually do well for us? And the ones we seem to let go carelessly have a better career somewhere else. Look up the list of the Sox's first round picks for their entire history... overall pretty hilarious stuff.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)

On paper, there are zero problems with the pitching staff, in fact, we have an overabundance with Humber and Santos with the minor blip against the Dodgers looks like he will hold onto the job.

I guess you just have to divide the offense into 3 for now.

Core producers: Quentin, Ramirez, Konerko

Suck but stuck with: Pierre, AJ, Dunn, Rios

Young and will stick it out with: Morel, Beckham, Viciedo, Lillibridge (why not?) possibly Flowers and/or Jordan Danks, along with Infante/Omogrosso/Remenowsky to shore up the back end of the pen where Pena SHOULD be contributing something, etc.

The obvious problem is you don't trade anyone from the first group, the second group has ZERO value and the 3rd group has a lot more value to the White Sox than any other organization.

Which puts us back in the business of dangling starting pitchers for the best possible return.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)

But, saying that we don;t see a lot of the traded away players making it. I would have liked to have seen Gio Gonzalez and Clayton Richard and maybe C Young in Az. stay with the Sox, but aftr that even though traded players are in the bigs they haven't done all that great.

And Sweeney's still not showing enough power (hard as that is, he's just not suited for that big stadium) in Oakland to unseat either Willingham, Crisp or DeJesus.

Which was the concern all along in Chicago if he wasn't a CFer, which ideally, he's not. He has to put up 15-18 homers, 30+ doubles, 775+ OPS to hold down RF or LF.

29 quality starts, and the Sox are only 17-12. 58.6% quality start conversion. Good teams convert on about 75-80% of quality starts.

Sox should be 5-6 games better if not for the bad bullpen in the first couple weeks, and the awfulness of Pierre, Dunn, Rios, and our manager.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
29 quality starts, and the Sox are only 17-12. 58.6% quality start conversion. Good teams convert on about 75-80% of quality starts.

Sox should be 5-6 games better if not for the bad bullpen in the first couple weeks, and the awfulness of Pierre, Dunn, Rios, and our manager.

Bingo!

And on another note, how SICK was it to see us march out JUAN f***ING PIERRE in the 8th inning with 2 outs and RISP. We should have just conceded his AB as an out and save us all the pain of watching that easy ground ball we all knew he would hit...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 25, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Bingo!

And on another note, how SICK was it to see us march out JUAN f***ING PIERRE in the 8th inning with 2 outs and RISP. We should have just conceded his AB as an out and save us all the pain of watching that easy ground ball we all knew he would hit...

Ozzie pinch hit for and with the wrong guy, should have let Morel bat.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
Are you f***ing kidding me Dunn? Geezus christ I've had it with him now. They should have just PH Vizquel at least he would have put it in play.

THIS.

WHAT THE HELL OZ?!!

BOOOOOOOOO.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2259297.story

"But when Adam is at the plate, I don’t care who’s at the mound. We’re feeling very good and we’re feeling that’s the day he comes out of it. We feel good about 'this is the day he gets the hit.'

What's this WE crap? The voices in your head, or on your's or your son's Twitter account?

Ozzie. STFU. :chair

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
Or Omar F'in Vizquel, WHO IS A SWITCH HITTER!!!!! :lolhitting

Exactly. A guy who may not hit a lot of long fly balls, but who doesn't strike out much would have been a better move than Dunn in that critical AB.