Official 2011 MLB Draft - Day 1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
It's no secret I get excited over young talent. But I'm not exactly going out on a limb with the Washington core.

And yet...somehow, it will turn out that you are.

The top of the top of the top in the draft has like a 50% success rate. The Top of the top has a 25% success rate at best.

If all 3 turn out the way you're dreaming about right now, it'll be a remarkable story. It never happens that way. For anyone.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
They've got a guy named Brad Peacock who's molesting the eastern league.

If he played for the Sox, you'd be noting that he's a 23 year old in AA for the 2nd year who has a career ERA in the minors of 4.14 and WHIP of 1.273 who suddenly is putting up an ERA of 2 and a WHIP of 0.79.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
If he played for the Sox, you'd be noting that he's a 23 year old in AA for the 2nd year who has a career ERA in the minors of 4.14 and WHIP of 1.273 who suddenly is putting up an ERA of 2 and a WHIP of 0.79.

If he played for the White Sox he'd be our #1 prospect and future 'ace.' With Washington, he's just another guy when Strasburg gets healthy and Jordan Zimmerman in the fold. And I anticipate the Nationals being a cash cow very soon. So they'll be able to buy a pitcher if they have to. They've proven they'll spend money with the Werth signing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
If he played for the White Sox he'd be our #1 prospect and future 'ace.' With Washington, he's just another guy when Strasburg gets healthy and Jordan Zimmerman in the fold. And I anticipate the Nationals being a cash cow very soon. So they'll be able to buy a pitcher if they have to. They've proven they'll spend money with the Werth signing.

Then again, the Werth signing could wind up hamstringing them just as much as Soriano with the Cubs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
What do you know about Springer, Dirty? Don't know much about him myself.

Not much except hes a toolsy OF. I don't remember reports on his defense though. Either him or Mahtook have questions on sticking in CF.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)

His point is that you are our very own Keith Law.