2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 06:51 PM)
bad loss. The B's has really been hit with the injury bug and been sputtering as of late so maybe this will get Thomas back in a hot zone so the team can reel off some wins.

I don't know about that. The word is the B's were hoping to play Rask more in the stretch run to rest Thomas, but do they have that kind of confidence in Turco?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Tonight sucked. I hate the Blues. Bunch of goons.

TJ Oshie is #1 on my Blues hate list. 4 points on that 3-game road trip is still solid, especially playing without the captain. I saw a stat that the Hawks have never beaten STL & DET on the same road trip, although that has only occurred 9 times.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/blackhawks/2012/...ws_resumes.html

Blackhawks injury updates: Toews resumes skating, Hjalmarsson 'hopeful' to return, Lepisto out indefinitely

By Adam L. Jahns on March 8, 2012 10:51 AM | 1 Comment | No TrackBacks

Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews skated on his own prior to practice Thursday at Johnny's IceHouse West. But Toews, who is recovering from a concussion, will still miss his ninth game in a row Friday when the Hawks host the New York Rangers.

But it's a good sign for Toews, who has been participating in only off-ice workouts for the past week or so. Toews hasn't played since Feb. 19 against the St. Louis Blues.

"He had a good skate today and he felt good," coach Joel Quenneville said. "It's very exciting for us to see him back out here. He was encouraged as well. It was a really good day."

Toews told Quenneville he felt OK after his first skate in weeks.

"He felt good and that's part of it as well," Quenneville said. "It's a big first step, seeing him out here. But we'll see how he's progressing. It was nice to see him."

There is still no timetable for Toews' return.

"But off of that, we'll certainly get a [better] idea that maybe it's closer," Quenneville said. "We'll see."

On defense

Defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson (concussion) took part in practice Thursday and said he's "hopeful" he can play Friday against the Rangers. He's missed 12 of the last 13 games.

"I'm a hopeful guy," Hjalmarsson said. "I always want to play, but it's just one of those things."

Can he do everything he wants to do on the ice?

"Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be helpful," Hjalmarsson said.

Defenseman Sami Lepisto, though, is out indefinitely after his left leg was injured when St. Louis Blues forward David Perron fell on it in the second period on Tuesday.

"Sami is not just day-to-day, he's out for a bit here," Quenneville said. "We'll say indefinitely on him."

http://www.csnchicago.com/hockey-chicago-b...tm_medium=email

Last spring Ben Smith was the Blackhawks’ productive call-up for their series against the Vancouver Canucks. Now the forward faces season-ending surgery.

Smith will undergo endoscopic surgery next Thursday after suffering a right hip labral tear and hernia, Blackhawks physician Dr. Michael Terry said in a statement today. The Blackhawks, according to the statement, “anticipate a full recovery in approximately 16 weeks.”

The 23-year-old Smith played 13 games for the Blackhawks this season, recording two goals. He also had 15 goals and 31 points in 38 games with the Rockford IceHogs this season.

Patrick Kane is starting to feel it, and boy do the Hawks need it. Great comeback win, 4-3 in the shootout. Now if we can somehow reduce the amount of deflected goals we give up, we could be peaking at the right time. Hopefully Toews can come back soon.

The Hawks would be better suited staying in 4th place in the division & 6th in the conference. Nashville & Detroit would have to face each other in the playoffs, while the Hawks would get the winner of DAL/SJ/LA/PHX. That's a much better match up than any Central Division rival.