F*** it, I've Got This. White Sox vs Cubs 7:10 first pitch

Kyyle23

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
LOL at Dunn.

Sad, sad sad.

Nice contract, Kenny.

Kenny made the right move signing Dunn. That was the prevailing conventional wisdom too. No one knew he'd suddenly suck almost as bad as Juan Pierre.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
Please.

You have to let Dunn bat there. You don't pinch hit for the 15 million dollar man.

You let Dunn gain his confidence back against guys who he has a chance of hitting (right handed pitchers). You don't put him in a position to fail and get boo'd.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 22, 2011 -> 05:18 AM)
Kenny made the right move signing Dunn. That was the prevailing conventional wisdom too. No one knew he'd suddenly suck almost as bad as Juan Pierre.

I disagree.

Or at least they should have a weight clause where he didn't get paid if he was too fat.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
Please.

You have to let Dunn bat there. You don't pinch hit for the 15 million dollar man.

Why not? Cause he has been a horrible signing so far? What he has done in past seasons got him that money not this season. This season he has been one of the worst players in the league and has been given plenty of chances to break out of it. To bad if he makes alot of money

I disagree.

Or at least they should have a weight clause where he didn't get paid if he was too fat.

LOL. What's your reasoning, greg? At the time he's about the most consistent HR hitter in baseball. People bashing KW for making a perfectly reasonable signing are being silly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I disagree.

There was not a better fit on the market to fill the DH hole, nor will you find anyone else who was so incredibly consistent. Or is ALL his past production irrelevant?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 11:20 PM)
I disagree.

They should have included this clause into Bobby Jenks' contracts as well.

The Dunn signing was not KW's fault. He was perfect for the Sox. We can blame KW for the Rios thing, though. Dunn has been about as consistent a slugger as there is in the Major Leagues. For the past eight years, you know you are gonna get .400 OBP, .900 OPS and lots of Ks. With Rios, we picked him up and his fat ass contract when he was hitting awfully and had been declining the past few years.