F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate all he did for us but right now I'm very very disappointed in Harold Baines for not sticking up for Paul Konerko. Konerko one of the classiest guys in the sport who never argue, had a legitimate beef and was hot, but Harold ..no where to be seen. Harold Baines have no business coaching 1B period..

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
At least Dunn made contact in his last two ABs.

yep and that last one was an 8 pitch and he hit the ball for the out. Maybe just maybe ????

Edited by elrockinMT

Credit to Paulie for being a class act that get's an umpire's attention when he disagrees about a call. I'm not sure I've ever seen a first base call overturned like that.

Of course we don't take advantage of it at all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
Pretty sure Quentin was available to PH there, but it would be hard to take out Dunn after he almost hit a homer in his last at-bat.

At least he's SORT of looking a bit more dangerous now. UGHHHH.

I thought he was gone for this game?

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
I appreciate all he did for us but right now I'm very very disappointed in Harold Baines for not sticking up for Paul Konerko. Konerko one of the classiest guys in the sport who never argue, had a legitimate beef and was hot, but Harold ..no where to be seen. Harold Baines have no business coaching 1B period..

I love Harold, His laid back attitude is not of a coach at all.

Here's my thought on Dunn after the question I asked before. If he hits terrible for another few weeks, I think you bench him. Everyone says that we won't win anything without him contributing, but what if the opposite is true, and that is "we won't win the AL Central with him in our lineup struggling?" With Rios, you let him ride it out cause you don't have anyone else who can play full time CF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
Pretty sure Quentin was available to PH there, but it would be hard to take out Dunn after he almost hit a homer in his last at-bat.

At least he's SORT of looking a bit more dangerous now. UGHHHH.

I do not think CQ is at the park rotoworld said he had personal business and would be back Saturday I cannot see the game though.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)

No surprise at all. Baines is a complete personality mismatch as a coach of any sort.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:51 PM)
Did they say during the game why Bruney was used instead of Crain or Santos?

Not at all. I already gave Ozzie's post game speech on the matter earlier in this thread.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Pitching in the eighth inning of a 0-0 ballgame shouldn't be Bruneys job unless the bullpen is totally gassed.

Sox desperately need to find another reliable righty reliever. Having two on the roster is a recipe for burning them out.