White Sox vs Rockies 7:40 CT first pitch

Kyyle23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
You guys know over the last 9 games or so Rios has been hitting really well, I think his average is over 300 (atleast thats what the stat said earlier in the game)

I missed the games last week, but was he actually hitting the ball hard? I saw the two homers in Arizona though.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
You guys know over the last 9 games or so Rios has been hitting really well, I think his average is over 300 (atleast thats what the stat said earlier in the game)

Kudos for your Alex Rios crusade, I've had a few with others in the past, but Rios has been awful this year and got singled out on a team that looks like it goes through the motions pretty often for going through the motions by his manager.

He's terrible and the Sox still owe him over $50 million.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Kudos for your Alex Rios crusade, I've had a few with others in the past, but Rios has been awful this year and got singled out on a team that looks like it goes through the motions pretty often for going through the motions by his manager.

He's terrible and the Sox still owe him over $50 million.

Technically I think theres about $43 million left.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
Wait, what happened with Buehrle? I thought he had a double. Also, I missed the Beckham outs tonight. Anything hit good?

Picked off of second, was a bit not Paying attention and got caught.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Wait, what happened with Buehrle? I thought he had a double. Also, I missed the Beckham outs tonight. Anything hit good?

becks hit a warning shot to left, got 2 stretches from hawk.. but they were lazy stretch calls, as per team rules.

Ozzie picked a whipping boy in Rios last night, and it was one of the worst decisions (imo) that he could have made. All sitting Rios will do, is make Rios even less motivated. It did nothing to send a message to the team.

Im not crusading for Rios, I think his stats speak for themselves. But if you are going to say that his new swing is wrong, it just doesnt statistically stand up. I guess the point is that you can only hope that he figures it out and does better. Hes been better over the last 2 weeks or so, so why would you want him to change at this point?

I honestly think Rios is dogging it more tonight than last night, but his type of personality will revolt against a manager, which is why benching was silly.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
Ozzie picked a whipping boy in Rios last night, and it was one of the worst decisions (imo) that he could have made. All sitting Rios will do, is make Rios even less motivated. It did nothing to send a message to the team.

Im not crusading for Rios, I think his stats speak for themselves. But if you are going to say that his new swing is wrong, it just doesnt statistically stand up. I guess the point is that you can only hope that he figures it out and does better. Hes been better over the last 2 weeks or so, so why would you want him to change at this point?

I honestly think Rios is dogging it more tonight than last night, but his type of personality will revolt against a manager, which is why benching was silly.

It does stand up. You're cherry-picking stats about his last 9 games. He's not hitting with any power. He is also 0 for his last 9.

If he continues to dog it, he will eventually spend more time on the bench which is good for all of us as his current effort isn't helping the team very much.

Obv I would rather have a runner at second base, but I did get a genuine chuckle out of old Burlz getting picked. One of two things anti White Sox things I've ever genuinely laughed at. The other, even though it was much more serious, was Juan running into the wall in Toronto this year.

DA,

Over the last 9 games is when he changed his swing... Which is why Im pointing out the ridiculousness of wanting him to change his swing again, at least give him another 2 weeks or so to see what happens with it.

As for the second statement, hes still the best CF on the team and will continue to be until the Sox add another CF. There is no one on the team or system who is better, so its cutting your nose to spite your face.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)
DA,

Over the last 9 games is when he changed his swing... Which is why Im pointing out the ridiculousness of wanting him to change his swing again, at least give him another 2 weeks or so to see what happens with it.

As for the second statement, hes still the best CF on the team and will continue to be until the Sox add another CF. There is no one on the team or system who is better, so its cutting your nose to spite your face.

I don't care what kind of swing he has, I just want him to hit the ball like a guy making half his money hits the ball. As for his defense, it has slipped dramatically since the first half of last season.