White Sox vs Rockies 7:40 CT first pitch

Kyyle23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
Greg Walker's name surprisingly absent from all discussion of the Sox's offensive woes. Just give up?

Everyone just assumes this organization doesn't have the balls to fire anyone during the year. When Ozzie goes, Walker goes.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Greg Walker's name surprisingly absent from all discussion of the Sox's offensive woes. Just give up?

I've just given that up.. it used to be a favorite of mine, just to shake things up without making huge waves.. but that horse is dead, nobody is helping these guys except themselves.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Everyone just assumes this organization doesn't have the balls to fire anyone during the year. When Ozzie goes, Walker goes.

Sox brass top down no BALLS I agree.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)

That discussion has been run into the ground so many times I guess everyone's sick of even having it.

Plus, we know absolutely nothing will change (with Walker's status) as long as Ozzie's the manager.

and then figure out new and amazing ways to lose from the 6th-9th innings or in extras. i forgot to add maddeningly inexcusable defensive lapses in key moments

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Ozzie wouldnt have ph for Mark, just like he didnt for Gavin yesterday.

Ozzie would rather leave a pitcher in to long than take him out to early.

Especially with how much the bullpen has been stretched in the last week. Even with the off-days, they're taking some wear and tear.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Nice, now we know how other fans feel when their team faces the White Sox and get into a jam.

But not out of it just yet.

1st error for Buehrle in 57 starts. Nice recovery there, Mark. Self-inflicted damage doesn't sit too well with him. You knew he didn't want to give up the lead after making a rare personal error out there.

Would rather leave him out there than have a bullpen pitcher give up a run (and the lead) Mark wanted to erase. Buehrle definitely didn't deserve to be in a position to take the loss.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:20 PM)
Ozzie wouldnt have ph for Mark, just like he didnt for Gavin yesterday.

Ozzie would rather leave a pitcher in to long than take him out to early.

I 100% agree, but still there would have been the opportunity. Although I WILL say, ozzie usually does that in a tie game or down 1 (ALWAYS have to let the SP get a win...) good job mark.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Especially with how much the bullpen has been stretched in the last week. Even with the off-days, they're taking some wear and tear.

The Sox really have trouble scoring runs late. This has extra innings written all over it and a day game tomorrow to boot.

Sox need to figure out some sort of way to magically score runs that doesnt involve hits. Im thinking swinging at passed balls for dropped 3rd strike. Or maybe just trying for walks and being beaned. Im just not sure that a team of AAA players would be consistently held under 3 runs so often. Its just unbelievable.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
good pitch. i want to take back my damnit from the last post, we've scored 2 runs, that's the problem, not anything mark has done.

MB with a quality start I have no beef with MB tonight!

Edited by Soxfest