This organization is in disarray

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
I thought this was one of my posts the way it looked in post format.

:lolhitting

I did, too, Greg. I thought maybe you had another account. If that were the case you could have started arguing with yourself.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
I say they fire KW and promote Hahn. There are a lot of teams who think he is the next big time GM..it would also diffuse the Oz and Kw crap.

I agree and would hate to lose Hahn if he is the real deal!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mari...ers_owners.html

It might take this thread in a totally different direction, but it's a very LONG but well-thought out piece on the Mariners "rebuilding" project...and we can see lots of similarities between the White Sox and Mariners situations if the Sox come up short again this year.

Using the logic that you have to build up the offensive strength at 3B/1B/DH/LF/RF...you can see where the White Sox are coming up way, way short offensively.

Dunn, 3B, and, to a lesser extent, Juan Pierre. That's 3/5 "power positions" on the field. In a power hitting stadium. Theoretically, you can even cover for Alex Rios in CF (hitting 160 on the road with a 400ish OPS) if you're getting the OPS production from those 5 positions.

In a sense, Alexei Ramirez and Beckham up the middle can also hide or mask these problems to an extent.

In a perfect world, Tyler Flowers at C and Dayan Viciedo at 3B and hitting like they were projected to at those 2 positions would have given us a huge advantage, and both those projections just didn't work out, unfortunately, for KW.

To me, it points out the flaw in the logic of getting another slappy/low OPS leadoff hitter next year and just replacing Quentin with Viciedo. It's the same problem as this year's team is dealing with all over again.

Going forward, they need BOTH Quentin and Viciedo in the same outfield, and much better production from 3B.

Dunn and Rios, there's nothing you can do for now. Zero. Except bench either of them.

BTW, what is our current team OPS+ average? I know we're one bad game offensively from 11th in the AL in this category, in terms of "pure" OPS.

Finally, Kotsay/Jones over Thome, another fail in this category, big-time. Which led directly to signing Adam Dunn...

Edited by caulfield12