Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:19 AM)
Than why does he make dumb buffoon comments. At some point, perception becomes reality.

Oh and how often do you want to hear him talk about how he doesn't know who "so & so" on the Jays is who shut us down. The guy doesn't do any homework as a manager. Compare Ozzie to the top managers in baseball, whether its Joe Madden, Mike Scioscia, Girardi, LaRussa and you'll find out most of those guys watch tons of film and know what is going on.

Is it there job to know all of the inner workings of a players swing, no, but they should be familiar with the scouting reports and know the team. Ozzie isn't familiar with any of it.

If you've watched any of the games over the past week or 10 days, you have seen the incredible disparity not only between our opposing managers and Ozzie, but especially in our advanced scouting. Opposing pitchers have known exactly where our hitters weaknesses are and have been recently, whereas we have absolutely no opponent-specific strategy whatsoever.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really appreciate what Ozzie/Kenny have brought to this organization. What I am speaking to is the past. The 2005 season was my favorite time as a sports fan. Luckily, I spent a lot of it first hand, at the games. I will always be grateful.

With that said, they are an absolute embarrassment. I can't see anyone wanting to play for these guys, under these circumstances. Ozzie always hides under the guise of family. Now, one of his former players, who albeit underperformed, is under attack about his family, and for cosmetic reasons. Which is the most juvenile attack that can happen. If you are all about family, shouldn't that ground be sacred? His family has taken it too far, and no matter if he said it or not it, is a reflection on him. Players can't possibly feel good about this situation. How could any player trust leaving here? Why would you come here under this management? That is a question JR needs to start thinking about.

I split season tickets for years, and gave them up in 2008 for financial and family responsibilities. 2011 will be the first time since 1985 that I will not attend a Sox game. It doesn't have to do with finances as much as an unlikable team, and for the first time I am ashamed of this organization. My parents took me to my first Sox game, and until I have something positive to say about the Sox, I will not take a young kid, because a positive experience can make you a lifelong fan, like it did for me. Currently, there is not a whole lot of positive to talk about.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
What did Oney reply back to Mark? Don't really feel like going through 22 pages of bickering.

Since he could not air any dirty clubhouse laundry on Teahen and the fact that Teahen has a great reputation as a solid and charitable guy, Oney did the only thing an immature spoiled brat could do and insulted Teahen's wife. The insults were genious, too. Called her out for being generally unattractive for not fitting his description of an ideal woman. Basically her height, build and complexion were the subject of his replies. In other words, he acted like the 6th grade child that he is.

Big changes are hopefully forthcoming. A mass exodus must ensue...time for Ozzie and his frolicking jesters to be shuttled out of town along with Alex Rios.

I am still torn on Kenny Williams. If he is willing to run a clever, sustainable franchise from within and quit it with this baseball collecting card mentality I'd possible like to see what he can do with a tighter budget and more emphasis on organizational development and low risk/high reward type talent.

If he wants to keep ransacking our minor leagues to build an overpaid sub .500 team then he can hit the bricks too.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (shakes @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
I really appreciate what Ozzie/Kenny have brought to this organization. What I am speaking to is the past. The 2005 season was my favorite time as a sports fan. Luckily, I spent a lot of it first hand, at the games. I will always be grateful.

With that said, they are an absolute embarrassment. I can't see anyone wanting to play for these guys, under these circumstances. Ozzie always hides under the guise of family. Now, one of his former players, who albeit underperformed, is under attack about his family, and for cosmetic reasons. Which is the most juvenile attack that can happen. If you are all about family, shouldn't that ground be sacred? His family has taken it too far, and no matter if he said it or not it, is a reflection on him. Players can't possibly feel good about this situation. How could any player trust leaving here? Why would you come here under this management? That is a question JR needs to start thinking about.

I split season tickets for years, and gave them up in 2008 for financial and family responsibilities. 2011 will be the first time since 1985 that I will not attend a Sox game. It doesn't have to do with finances as much as an unlikable team, and for the first time I am ashamed of this organization. My parents took me to my first Sox game, and until I have something positive to say about the Sox, I will not take a young kid, because a positive experience can make you a lifelong fan, like it did for me. Currently, there is not a whole lot of positive to talk about.

All around great post.

Now that I've read what went on, and normally I'm optimistic out of my ass, but blow this f***in' organization up. Fire Ozzie now, I'm done with this trailor trash bulls***. None of this crap is even needed. Let the Cubs have Ozzie, hire Sandburg, and make the whole town a Sox town with no f***in' drama. No more of this p****s*** from Oney. Oney and Ozzie can spend the rest of their lives baking c*ntcakes together for all I care. Get some professionalism in this front office.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Than why does he make dumb buffoon comments. At some point, perception becomes reality.

Oh and how often do you want to hear him talk about how he doesn't know who "so & so" on the Jays is who shut us down. The guy doesn't do any homework as a manager. Compare Ozzie to the top managers in baseball, whether its Joe Madden, Mike Scioscia, Girardi, LaRussa and you'll find out most of those guys watch tons of film and know what is going on.

Is it there job to know all of the inner workings of a players swing, no, but they should be familiar with the scouting reports and know the team. Ozzie isn't familiar with any of it.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:26 PM)
Since he could not air any dirty clubhouse laundry on Teahen and the fact that Teahen has a great reputation as a solid and charitable guy, Oney did the only thing an immature spoiled brat could do and insulted Teahen's wife. The insults were genious, too. Called her out for being generally unattractive for not fitting his description of an ideal woman. Basically her height, build and complexion were the subject of his replies. In other words, he acted like the 6th grade child that he is.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:30 PM)
Big changes are hopefully forthcoming. A mass exodus must ensue...time for Ozzie and his frolicking jesters to be shuttled out of town along with Alex Rios.

I am still torn on Kenny Williams. If he is willing to run a clever, sustainable franchise from within and quit it with this baseball collecting card mentality I'd possible like to see what he can do with a tighter budget and more emphasis on organizational development and low risk/high reward type talent.

If he wants to keep ransacking our minor leagues to build an overpaid sub .500 team then he can hit the bricks too.

1.) All those managers you listed have their detractors too. It goes with the territory.

2.) Oney is a moron but that has nothing to do with Ozzie. Even Lauren said in her post that Mark liked playing for Ozzie.

3.) How can KW get a pass. My gosh: Adam Dunn, Rios and Peavy, Gio, Hudson, Richard, et. all. If you don't like Ozzie for what he's done lately, Kenny is on a death spiral with the roster.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
1.) All those managers you listed have their detractors too. It goes with the territory.

2.) Oney is a moron but that has nothing to do with Ozzie. Even Lauren said in her post that Mark liked playing for Ozzie.

3.) How can KW get a pass. My gosh: Adam Dunn, Rios and Peavy, Gio, Hudson, Richard, et. all. If you don't like Ozzie for what he's done lately, Kenny is on a death spiral with the roster.

Are you on Ozzie's secret payroll or something?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)

FYI, mentioning Richard supports Kenny. His numbers outside of his giant home ballpark in SD are awful. Kenny gave up nothing in value to obtain Peavy, just obtained his awful contract & injured body.