Question for parents...

Y2HH

I'm bringing my 6.x month old to a game today (with the wife tonight), and was wondering if there was anything I should know/do/bring...and or any rules that apply to me that I do not know of so I'm not caught off guard...

Do I need to pay anything to get her in?

I have club level seats.

Make sure the baby is in the seat furthest from home plate and you are willing to get in front of anything coming your way to protect them. And make sure you are always watching the play when the ball is pitched. I know it sounds like a 1 in a million chance, but it does happen.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Make sure the baby is in the seat furthest from home plate and you are willing to get in front of anything coming your way to protect them. And make sure you are always watching the play when the ball is pitched. I know it sounds like a 1 in a million chance, but it does happen.

Yea, I've thought about this. I'm in the club level to try to minimize the chances of this...and if the baby gets loud or something I can take her in so shes not bothering people.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
;)

This is what happens when you say things like this to me!

*PERFECTPLEX*

You just lost...there is no kicking out of a perfect plex.

/me spits his gum into the air and slaps it away.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Yea, I've thought about this. I'm in the club level to try to minimize the chances of this...and if the baby gets loud or something I can take her in so shes not bothering people.

I always brought a glove to make sure I could stop the ball before it got to the child. If you are in the club seats where the sun is on you, be sure to bring something to cover the child. It amazing what the sun even that late in the evening can do to a child's skin.

Well you already made a good decision on getting club seats - perfect if you have a kid. Quick shelter, nicer bathrooms, place for them to crawl around if you want them to, etc.

We took our daughter to her first at 9 months, club seats, worked out great. They will inspect your bag and bottles, but no big deal. Bring water too, if your kid is old enough to be drinking it regularly yet (I can't remember anymore exactly when those things start to happen), you can even put it in a bottle.

Also, make sure you bring a blanket or towel or something to set the kid on to change diapers, because there are likely no changing tables in the bathrooms that I recall.

Also also, watch out for a reaction to the fireworks.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
I'm bringing my 6.x month old to a game today (with the wife tonight), and was wondering if there was anything I should know/do/bring...and or any rules that apply to me that I do not know of so I'm not caught off guard...

Do I need to pay anything to get her in?

I have club level seats.

The club level is probably the best spot you could be, as you can retreat inside to a couch or a much less crowded restroom if needed. When we took my oldest to her first game at 11 months, we got tickets there for that reason.

As has been said, all you really need to worry about is the rare errant foul. Since the club seats are down the lines, I always made sure whoever was not holding the baby sat nearer to home plate.

I hope the baby's first game is a White Sox Winner, but that's for selfish reasons, too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:05 PM)
Also don't forget to go to the main concourse at some point during the game. The customer service center down there will print you off a nice certificate to remember your kid's first game. It is cheesy, but free.

See, this is cool to know. :D I didn't know that!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
If a foul ball comes at you, do not drop the kid while attempting to catch said foul ball.

Like that one dad who just dropped his kid. What an amazing 'caught on tape' that was.

Crazy what happens sometimes when a foul ball is involved.