Game Thread: Sox v. Tigers 3:10pm Sept. 3, 2011

Downtown518

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
3 games in a row the Sox give up runs in the 1st inning. Why doesn't Cooper have his pitchers ready to pitch?

Yes, because giving up an RBI double to Miguel Cabrera in the first inning is so uncommon. I get what you're trying to do here. While I don't agree with you at all, I can respect your consistency. But does Albert Pujols have to come here and suck for you to recognize that Greg Walker might not be the right guy for the job anymore? I've never seen a fan in my life so obsessed with protecting his team's hitting coach.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Yes, because giving up an RBI double to Miguel Cabrera in the first inning is so uncommon. I get what you're trying to do here. While I don't agree with you at all, I can respect your consistency. But does Albert Pujols have to come here and suck for you to recognize that Greg Walker might not be the right guy for the job anymore? I've never seen a fan in my life so obsessed with protecting his team's hitting coach.

Why are they getting tagged in the first inning then settling down? They aren't ready to pitch. If the Sox never scored their first time through the line up, you would blame Walker. He's always been the problem according to some. Who are you going to blame next year?

I love hearing Mitch Williams speak about pitching. It seems he's forgotten he couldn't throw a strike to save his life a good part of his career. 544 walks in 691 innings, and he's talking about where he would pitch a guy and walking guys on purpose. LMAO.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Why are they getting tagged in the first inning then settling down? They aren't ready to pitch. If the Sox never scored their first time through the line up, you would blame Walker. He's always been the problem according to some. Who are you going to blame next year?

But that's not really a concern of yours. I'm sure we're not the only team in the league that's had a stretch of games in with their SPs allowed runs in the first inning. You're trying to bring Cooper down a notch or two to justify your undying support of Greg Walker. By your logic, Greg Walker, or any hitting coach in baseball, should have to quit first before being fired. That's just not feasible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
But that's not really a concern of yours. I'm sure we're not the only team in the league that's had a stretch of games in with their SPs allowed runs in the first inning. You're trying to bring Cooper down a notch or two to justify your undying support of Greg Walker. By your logic, Greg Walker, or any hitting coach in baseball, should have to quit first before being fired. That's just not feasible.

No, I just would like them to be held to the exact same standard. There's always an excuse for Cooper if a pitcher sucks. I haven't seen one post blaming him for Peavy not living up to his billing. If a guy can't hit, its clearly because Walker is the Sox hitting coach.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
I love hearing Mitch Williams speak about pitching. It seems he's forgotten he couldn't throw a strike to save his life a good part of his career. 544 walks in 691 innings, and he's talking about where he would pitch a guy and walking guys on purpose. LMAO.

He just said that he also got hit in the head with a line drive. I'm guessing it was this morning.