Royals @ sox

Balta1701

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Huh? I never said I want them back, but the return for the second best starting pitcher traded at the deadline is absolutely awful. Frasor looks like a one and done here.

And well still wind up with a draft pick out of it. And I get to rip you guys in 2 or 3 years once Stewart has a chance to develop.

The best pitcher on the market still wasn't that good.

QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
You guys are so funny. I have a feeling no one was saying all this when he almost threw a pefect game.

Actually, we were happy with the performance but wanted to see how he'd do against a big league lineup. His ERA against any team but the Twins this year has to be in double digits.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
Balta, I really don't get your angle right now on the Jackson for Frasor/Hudson trade. Right now, it looks like a terrible trade for the Sox...don't really know how anyone else could argue differently.

If only we got Colby Rasmus, his .575 ops since that trade would fit right in!! The cardinals gave up a fortune!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
And the thing that really bugs me...Gavin Floyd got this same rant in 2007. Brent morel had it a month ago. Moistened would have gotten it if the sox had him.

This is why developing guys takes effort, commitment, an struggling.

Moistened?

And the thing that really bugs me...Gavin Floyd got this same rant in 2007. Brent morel had it a month ago. Moistened would have gotten it if the sox had him.

This is why developing guys takes effort, commitment, an struggling.

If you're "in" a pennant race you don't give up your 2nd best pitcher for nothing..

And if Morel is one of your arguments.. I'm sorry..

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
If you're "in" a pennant race you don't give up your 2nd best pitcher for nothing..

And if Morel is one of your arguments.. I'm sorry..

I know you haven't watched this season, that's why you still support Ozzie and think morel is a problem.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Actually, we were happy with the performance but wanted to see how he'd do against a big league lineup. His ERA against any team but the Twins this year has to be in double digits.

No one seemed to care about the twins lineup at the time.

My point is simple. The verdict is still out on stewart. He isn't this bad and he isn't as good as he was against the twins as he was that night. What he will be is unkown right now.

This isn't a good time to accurately judge the trade.

Edited by MAX

I know you haven't watched this season, that's why you still support Ozzie and think morel is a problem.

LOL, nice try.. But stop blaming the roster "gaps" on Ozzie..

And just looked at Morel stats.. Decent.. So you are correct, he wasn't a part of the problem... Now Beckham..

Edited by VictoryMC98