Royals @ sox

Balta1701

Well, that was a terrible start. My hope is he's the 6th starter going into next year and starts off the season in AAA. He has to show he can still consistently get hitters out, as he struggled some in the minors this year and clearly had minimal success in the majors this year.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 09:18 PM)
Well, that was a terrible start. My hope is he's the 6th starter going into next year and starts off the season in AAA. He has to show he can still consistently get hitters out, as he struggled some in the minors this year and clearly had minimal success in the majors this year.

This I 100% agree with btw. Stewart beig guaranteed a starting spot is not setting up to compete next year, it's setting up to rebuild.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 24, 2011 -> 01:20 AM)
This I 100% agree with btw. Stewart beig guaranteed a starting spot is not setting up to compete next year, it's setting up to rebuild.

Yep, if you go into next year breaking down the entire roster, then let Stewart start along with Humber/Sale/Floyd/Peavy. I really do think that the main person the Sox should be putting on the market this offseason is Konerko (besides Q and Danks, of course). I have a feeling Paul would jump at the chance to leave if he feels the Sox are rebuilding.

Yep, if you go into next year breaking down the entire roster, then let Stewart start along with Humber/Sale/Floyd/Peavy. I really do think that the main person the Sox should be putting on the market this offseason is Konerko (besides Q and Danks, of course). I have a feeling Paul would jump at the chance to leave if he feels the Sox are rebuilding.

100% agreed, I think the Sox should be rebuilding next year.. as much as I want to see Paulie retire a WS.. it be better to send him to a situation to win, and that aint happening here for a long time.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Are you guys gonna watch next year? Seems doubful with some of the comments made about 2012.

That depends mostly on what changes are made to the team and management for me. Id still watch on tv for sure, but I doubt id go see more than two games if they go about things the same way as this year.

I know these games mean nothing.

Glad to see the Sox are playing like they mean nothing, whereas the Royals are kicking the living s*** out of them.

These rich millionaires should walk into the stands in the seventh inning and give each fan a pair of 20 dollar bills.

f***ing joke.

I worship Ozzie and want him to stay, but once again IF he gets fired there is just cause.

This team is a joke.

And this board all season has been hilarious. For so long everybody shrugged off games saying "it's still early."

Now you'll laugh at a post like mine cause, 'these games mean nothing anyway.'

What games DO MEAN SOMETHING in a season??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
100% agreed, I think the Sox should be rebuilding next year.. as much as I want to see Paulie retire a WS.. it be better to send him to a situation to win, and that aint happening here for a long time.

Rebuild with what? I don't trust the current GM with that assignment.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Sep 23, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Rebuilding is going to be a long and painful process for your franchise. The next few years will weed out the fake fans...

You got the right city but wrong team on the latter. You should know best on the former.