CJ Wilson to Los Angeles Angels of Cash

Steve9347

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
Well, actually that isn't that bad. $15 million dollars seems to be the going rate for a decent starter nowadays (as stupid as that is), but the 5 years might be what hurts.

Yeah, I expected worse. It sounds like he took less money than Florida was offering because he is from LA. He possibly could have had $100 million.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 11:39 AM)
ScottMCBSSports:

Marlins offered Wilson $98-$99 million over 6 years. "If it was about the money, I'd be a Florida Marlin," Wilson said

Hmm. Good thing another team close to his home offered him a deal even if it was less money.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
That would make sense if he signed say, with the Cardinals?

Or Chicago. With the offers on the table for both guys, it just worked out differently than I imagined back in October. I thought Wilson was easily gone to the highest bidder and Mark would still end up close or at least signed to a smaller deal, not to such a large one in Florida.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
I'm a little surprised (disappointed actually) at the Buehrle hate around here when he didn't even turn down a non-existent Cards or Sox offer.

It's hardly hate. Not to get back into this, but it's the Buehrle defenders taking it as hate. It's merely a statement on how we view it as "hypocrisy".

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 02:11 PM)
It's hardly hate. Not to get back into this, but it's the Buehrle defenders taking it as hate. It's merely a statement on how we view it as "hypocrisy".

But without an offer from either of his preferred team, using the term "hypocrisy" is "moronic".

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 8, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
I'm a little surprised (disappointed actually) at the Buehrle hate around here when he didn't even turn down a non-existent Cards or Sox offer.

The Sox didn't offer him anything because buehrle had an offer from the Marlins and said "match it and I'll stay." I don't blame either party. MB has the right to take the money and the

Sox have the right to say for that many years and that much money it's not worth it.