The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Bane was hard to understand and the quality was terrible, but it is exciting to see nonetheless. I don't think it helped matters that Hardy was doing a German (?) accent - which is weird because Bane is supposed to be from the Caribbean.

It was difficult to determine from that clip if Hardy is going to be made to look bigger through camerawork/CGI. What do you guys think?

I should clarify that Nolan prefers to use real FX as opposed to special FX. Plus the Batman series and Inception are two entirely different movies - one aims to be realistic while the other is sureal. I can only remember a few instances Nolan used CGI on Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

With that said, I think the current Bane is the one we'll see in the movie. I'm hoping during the final fight, though, Bane get ahold of some venom to put Batman out of commission. I think thats the only way we'll get to see a hulked out Bane

Edited by Nunnigan

Nolan also tends to prefer "stretching the boundaries of reality" versus outright breaking them. He doesn't want Bane to be the "comic sized Bane", but a more realistic/lifelike version of him. And that's what you'll get in this movie. Bane in the comics -- I'm sorry all you comic fans -- was retarded big and stupid looking. This Bane will come across as much more believable.

People have questioned Nolan's decisions in every Batman movie he's made thus far...despite the fact that every Batman movie he's made thus far as been off the charts f***ing awesome.

Stop questioning him. He knows what he's doing. You all who seem to be clamoring for retarded big comic book Bane...do not. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
Nolan also tends to prefer "stretching the boundaries of reality" versus outright breaking them. He doesn't want Bane to be the "comic sized Bane", but a more realistic/lifelike version of him. And that's what you'll get in this movie. Bane in the comics -- I'm sorry all you comic fans -- was retarded big and stupid looking. This Bane will come across as much more believable.

People have questioned Nolan's decisions in every Batman movie he's made thus far...despite the fact that every Batman movie he's made thus far as been off the charts f***ing awesome.

Stop questioning him. He knows what he's doing. You all who seem to be clamoring for retarded big comic book Bane...do not. :P

Stow the condescension. I'm not talking about the guy being the hulk, but perhaps more of a steroid abusing guy, not an average muscular dude.