The Dark Knight Rises thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
You don't agree that he should be at least slightly bigger than a pretty muscular guy like Christian Bale? Tom Hardy in these pictures looks about the same size, if not smaller.

Tom Hardy is short in real life...I think he's like 5'9" -- they say he's taller than that, but I've seen him and trust me, he isn't.

I think Bale is like 6' or so. Keep in mind that finding a "big strong muscular guy" is easy, but finding one that can act isn't. Through the magic of cinema, they will make Bane look quite formidable in this movie, trust me.

Yes, by comic standards, he SHOULD be way taller/bigger than Batman, reality is, however, Tom Hardy isn't a big guy, but I'm sure Nolan through this through a bit and it'll turn out way better than you're expecting.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
Tom Hardy is short in real life...I think he's like 5'9" -- they say he's taller than that, but I've seen him and trust me, he isn't.

I think Bale is like 6' or so. Keep in mind that finding a "big strong muscular guy" is easy, but finding one that can act isn't. Through the magic of cinema, they will make Bane look quite formidable in this movie, trust me.

Yes, by comic standards, he SHOULD be way taller/bigger than Batman, reality is, however, Tom Hardy isn't a big guy, but I'm sure Nolan through this through a bit and it'll turn out way better than you're expecting.

I don't think I said I was expecting him to be that small when it's done. In fact, I said they have to make him look bigger :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
I don't think I said I was expecting him to be that small when it's done. In fact, I said they have to make him look bigger :lol:

Nolan won't do that. The only way he will make Hardy look bigger than Bale is shooting the bulk of any scenes they are in together with Hardy closer to the camera than Bale, and mostly 3/4 shots from the waste up...it will give Bane a larger appearance.

I say this because there is no other way to shoot this without CGI, and Nolan has already gone on record saying he refuses to use CGI to that extent in any of his movies.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Nolan won't do that. The only way he will make Hardy look bigger than Bale is shooting the bulk of any scenes they are in together with Hardy closer to the camera than Bale, and mostly 3/4 shots from the waste up...it will give Bane a larger appearance.

That and they'll have a Bane stunt guy who IS big. Bane has a mask over much of his face, I'm sure they can get away not using Hardy for a good portion of the action sequences.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
OK, I give. Can someone PM me a link to a still-up video of the prologue trailer? If they have one? Google isn't finding any that are still up. I'd appreciate it!

I wouldn't bother, honestly...just wait to see a clean copy of it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 16, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)

at this point all the shooting for the film is done, and probably a lot of the post-production as well. I don't think he's getting "bigger". That seems like a waste of time and energy. And I'm not even sure how you go about doing it unless it was your plan from square one and you shot ALL of their scenes with a motion capture green screen guy standing in as Bane - in which case why hire Tom Hardy in the first place?

Nah, it's gonna be 5'9" Tom Hardy and with a few good camera angle tricks he'll look formidable - but that's it. He's not hulking out.

But yeah... they could have gone with Lou Ferrigno I guess.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
at this point all the shooting for the film is done, and probably a lot of the post-production as well. I don't think he's getting "bigger". That seems like a waste of time and energy. And I'm not even sure how you go about doing it unless it was your plan from square one and you shot ALL of their scenes with a motion capture green screen guy standing in as Bane - in which case why hire Tom Hardy in the first place?

Nah, it's gonna be 5'9" Tom Hardy and with a few good camera angle tricks he'll look formidable - but that's it. He's not hulking out.

But yeah... they could have gone with Lou Ferrigno I guess.

I thought I made myself incredibly clear on this part, so I don't understand why you brought up this terrible point.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
Dont get me wrong, I am extremely excited for this movie, but I could only wonder where this movie would have gone if Heath Ledger were still alive. i wonder if Nolan ever reveals what his plan was

Was he even going to use the Joker again? People thought he was going to reuse Two Face, but he shot that down.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 18, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Was he even going to use the Joker again? People thought he was going to reuse Two Face, but he shot that down.

Personally I have to believe that Nolan had bigger plans for the Joker, and that doesnt mean Bane would be left out. But I could see Joker being the driving force behind TDKR and teaming with Bane

Went to a movie Friday night, decided to see the MI movie because hey, I get to see the prologue trailer. Except, no, I don't. To say that the prologue is showing on the same screens that MI in IMAX is showing is false, turns out it is only at a couple theaters in the area. Not the one I went to. Did get to see the new preview, but not the 6 minute prologue one.

MI was actually a fun watch. Believability factor near zero, but entertaining, great stunts and camera angles.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Went to a movie Friday night, decided to see the MI movie because hey, I get to see the prologue trailer. Except, no, I don't. To say that the prologue is showing on the same screens that MI in IMAX is showing is false, turns out it is only at a couple theaters in the area. Not the one I went to. Did get to see the new preview, but not the 6 minute prologue one.

MI was actually a fun watch. Believability factor near zero, but entertaining, great stunts and camera angles.

Did you just mention believability factor when talking about a movie series with the title Mission:IMPOSSIBLE? I bolded/highlighted it for you, because apparently you missed the entire point. ;)

It's not supposed to be believable, it's supposed to make you say, that's impossible.

Looks like it did, too. ;)

M:I-GP was GREAT. That was the best action movie I've seen in a LONNNNNG time.

Edited by Y2HH