There is no such thing as a lucky hit.....

Bmr31

Ok.. I'm going to elaborate..

Man and ball get to first at exactly the same time. That's a tie..? Right? No, it's not in the rule book, but it's a tie. What do ya do..? 9 out of 10 umps would tell ya that they would call it to the runner UNLESS it's definitely an out - meaning the ball got there first in which case none of this matters.

That's all I meant kochy... relax  ;)

If the ball and runner get there at the same time, how does 1 ump out of 10 call him out because the ball beat him there?

Yes they can get there at the same time (and do often!)

but it's not ruled as a tie goes to the runner. it's either man beats ball or ball didn't beat man, however you want to look at it

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

steff, go find where it says "tie goes to the runner" in a rulebook please

this isn't even an argument

Hot damn.. you said please!!! I know you wanted to say something else... like "b****... stfu" :lol:

yes i said please....

and i'm waiting

i don't need to swear to prove my point, but i have to get rid of this ridiculous myth

I say it's so.

:P

i guess steffs word overrides the rule book

Baaa haaa haaaa!!! :headbang

I love you too Steff :finger

There isn't

The ball has to beat the guy to the bag, there's no such thing as tie goes to the runner

It seems you're the one who injected the "tie goes to the runner" into this when what you quoted was a tie at first base.

Btw, "Tie goes to the runner" IS a judgement by the umpire and thus is covered by the rule book.

tie goes to the runner is not a judgment made by the umpire

Then who would make it????????????

tie goes to the runner is what would be printed in a baseball rule book.

a judgment made by the umpire is "safe" or "out" not "tie goes to the runner". the judgment is whether the ball beat the guy to the bag. what you are referring to is the rule that applies to the judgment made

Man and ball get to first at exactly the same time. That's a tie..? Right? No, it's not in the rule book, but it's a tie. What do ya do..? 9 out of 10 umps would tell ya that they would call it to the runner UNLESS it's definitely an out - meaning the ball got there first in which case none of this matters.

If the ball and runner get there at the same time, how does 1 ump out of 10 call him out because the ball beat him there?

but it's not ruled as a tie goes to the runner. it's either man beats ball or ball didn't beat man, however you want to look at it

Ugh!! You're hopeless.. :bang

Unspoken rules.

Ya know.. like the ones that will get you a swim with the fishes if you break them.. :rolleyes:

Unspoken rules.

Ya know.. like the ones that will get you a swim with the fishes if you break them.. :rolleyes:

unspoken rules

now i've heard it all

Unspoken rules.

unspoken rules

now i've heard it all

I sense your mocking me...

Want to come over for a swim later... :ph34r:

Unspoken rules.

unspoken rules

now i've heard it all

I sense your mocking me...

Want to come over for a swim later... :ph34r:

me? mock? :rolleyes:

Maybe theyre not lucky, but they can still be ugly. A blooper over the head of the second baseman is a hit but its an ugly one. Not that sweet feeling you get about rocket doubles and stuff...

Wow , thanks roman I almost forgot what thread I was reading, I was almost positive this was a thread about if there is such thing as "tie goes to the runner."

In summary:

There are "ties" at first base where the ball and the runner arrive simultaneously.

The "tie goes to the runner" is not recognized in the rule book.

It is at the umpires discression whether he thinks the runner is safe or out, in other words, a judgement call.

Are we done now?

:rolleyes:

In summary:

There are "ties" at first base where the ball and the runner arrive simultaneously.

It is at the umpires discression whether he thinks the runner is safe or out, in other words, a judgement call.

Are we done now?

Are you kidding? This arguement has pages of posts still to go! :)

In summary:

Are we done now?

No kidding.. at least 5 or 6 more pages :lol:

In summary:

Are we done now?

No kidding.. at least 5 or 6 more pages :lol:

There's no point in arguing because Steff's word rules over all (including rulebooks), so Steff obviously wins :lol:

There's no point in arguing because Steff's word rules over all (including rulebooks), so Steff obviously wins  :lol:

Noooooooooooo! Don't give in. Don't let me down. :nono

Steff's word is superior to everything and anything, therefore making it impossible for me to win. Rules? Screw em! This is Steff's fantasy world where what Steff says, goes

If i tell her it's tuesday and she says wednesday, damn it it's wednesday you better believe it

Ya i think we all know who won this one :bringit

There's no point in arguing because Steff's word rules over all (including rulebooks), so Steff obviously wins  :lol:

Steff's word is superior to everything and anything, therefore making it impossible for me to win. Rules? Screw em! This is Steff's fantasy world where what Steff says, goes

If i tell her it's tuesday and she says wednesday, damn it it's wednesday you better believe it

QUITTER!!! This thread has to go at least 10 pages!!!

Oh boy.. now you want to go and get "fantasies" involved in this... :rolleyes:

You think you can beat me... :bringit

I dare you... :whip

Hot damn.. you said please!!! I know you wanted to say something else... like "b****... stfu" :lol:

yes i said please....

and i'm waiting

i don't need to swear to prove my point, but i have to get rid of this ridiculous myth

I say it's so.

I guess this is where i lost :stupid

yes i said please....

and i'm waiting

I say it's so.

I guess this is where i lost :stupid

Did you just call me stupid...?? :angry: