2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
Ya I just bought season 1 and 2 of breaking bad and just flew through it. f***in great so far.

Season 3 and 4 are even better. So much tension in those seasons And its my wife's favorite show as well.

I really enjoyed the Newsroom premiere. I liked the pacing, the set up of relationships, the structure, everything. Not sure what the critics who were down on it hated about it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
People still watch that God-awful show?

This is the last season so I may do an on demand marathon when it's done. Last season was better than th previous 3.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
I really enjoyed the Newsroom premiere. I liked the pacing, the set up of relationships, the structure, everything. Not sure what the critics who were down on it hated about it.

Yeah, I liked it. I agree about the pacing -- really good.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Yeah, I liked it. I agree about the pacing -- really good.

Yeah I agree it was pretty solid. Didn't read any of the reviews but one thing that seemed lame was the amount of unnecessary attempts at humor. The guy tripping all over the bags and the main character walking into the wrong control room were pretty dumb IMO. But this was just a minor annoyance.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Yeah I agree it was pretty solid. Didn't read any of the reviews but one thing that seemed lame was the amount of unnecessary attempts at humor. The guy tripping all over the bags and the main character walking into the wrong control room were pretty dumb IMO. But this was just a minor annoyance.

Yeah, there was some forced s*** that felt more CBS or ABC than HBO, but on the whole I enjoyed the premiere.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)

Yeah, there was some forced s*** that felt more CBS or ABC than HBO, but on the whole I enjoyed the premiere.

Finished Mad Men last night...very solid season once again, although I agree with the general feeling that the finale was a bit lacking. No real climax or look ahead, other than what might happen with Dow and Megan's acting career. I'm assuming Don will split with Megan next season and start raging with booze and sex again. And turning the firm into a big player again.

As for the comment about Glen, I am assuming they want him to just be utterly creepy and weird. Hard to imagine they would have that s***ty an actor if he was just that pathetic. When Roger was calling hoping to get Megan's mom on the phone, I thought for sure that was Glen stalking Megan.

Great season though...love the historical accuracy.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
True Blood blows so hard. It used to be good. It's devolved into gratuitous sex and who's f***ing who and who wants to f*** who. It's also turning into a bad woman's fantasy. All these supernatural beings fighting over Anna Paquin? Please.

Hah, seems like that's what it has always been to me...a campy, vampire soap opera...

I think this season has started out great, as opposed to last season, which I did not particularly care for.

And keep in mind, it was written by a woman.

Huge drop-off in the 2nd episode of Newsroom. It was so bad that I was willing to give up on the series. The wife wants to give it a couple more episodes so I guess we'll see.

Nothing about it felt like an HBO series. It felt like watching network television which I rarely do anymore. And that young gal who messed up the Jan Brewer interview....ugh...what a horrible actress.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Hah, seems like that's what it has always been to me...a campy, vampire soap opera...

I think this season has started out great, as opposed to last season, which I did not particularly care for.

And keep in mind, it was written by a woman.

How, we are on opposite sides. I think this season has been a mess so far. They are all over the place and only one storyline is interesting.

The whole war storyline has nothing to do with anything. Its like the writers feel EVERY character needs to be very deep or something.