Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:05 PM)
Is Cam Newton really that good or the Cardinals secondary that bad? If Newton is anywhere near as good as he looked today the Panthers are going to ge a scary team in near future.

Both. Arizona's secondary is bad but rookie qb's just don't do that. The guy's a f'n stud.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
I just don't know what Cam Newton has done to earn all the hate he gets.

I can't stand the kid but he's going to be a beast, no doubt in my mind.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Lots of things. Academic cheating at Florida, felony charges of burglary, larceny, and obstruction of justice. Pay for play at Auburn. Comments like “I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon."

Here is what one NFL draft writer wrote about him.

Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

I saw that draft report and figured it was mostly bulls***. I mean, talking about his smile? That's like people with Jay Cutler's facial expressions. Regardless, as far as his actual football ability... You don't have to like someone to see that. Why do people just make s*** up? Like the jamarcus Russell comparisons? Come on now.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:11 PM)
I saw that draft report and figured it was mostly bulls***. I mean, talking about his smile? That's like people with Jay Cutler's facial expressions. Regardless, as far as his actual football ability... You don't have to like someone to see that. Why do people just make s*** up? Like the jamarcus Russell comparisons? Come on now.

No questions about his physical abilities. He has it all. If he matures between the ears he will be a superstar for years to come.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
No questions about his physical abilities. He has it all. If he matures between the ears he will be a superstar for years to come.

I'm not necessarily a fan... Just confused why so many people were certain he would fail without giving any actual reasons for believing it

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 08:14 PM)
MRI tomorrow for Sam Bradford, concern about him having nerve damage in his finger/hand.

OMG, are you kidding me???? Ok....now I feel bad....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
I swear, this is White Sox baseball all over again for me. I fear what will happen to my Cowboys and Rams tomorrow. I can only assume Romo and Bradford get season ending injuries, and just to piss on my fantasy team, Miles Austin and Steven Jackson will also suffer injuries.

So far, Jackson and Bradford have been injured. Romo and Austin playing right now.....I'm crossing my fingers.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 09:27 PM)
I'm not necessarily a fan... Just confused why so many people were certain he would fail without giving any actual reasons for believing it

I was more down on him because I didn't think he had a chance in hell at adjusting to the NFL itself. Though I'm sure there's some exaggeration to it, his plays at Auburn were not complex whatsoever. If he can take to the NFL in general, he's going to be just fine, I'm just not going to believe it after 1 week.

Oh, and the Bills also do not believe defenses are that far behind. Allowing that limited amount of rushing yards is incredible for them.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
That might be an exaggeration. But he did what was asked of him.

That was not an exaggeration. Roy Williams had a really good game. Some excellent, difficult to make catches and real solid blocking downfield on those big runs.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
We saw the difference between Kubiak and Belichek yesterday. Up 34-0, Kubiak's team tried running out the clock in the 2nd half. Belichek's team would have applied pressure until the end, likely winning by 60 or so.

Thats one reason why Belichek is the best coach in the game and Kubiak is lucky to have a job.