SoxTalk's 100 Greatest NBA Players

All Time or Current List?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather do?

• All-Time
    • Current

I was over at RealGM and saw their top 100 list and I thought since our board loves to debate basketball, why not make a Top 100 NBA Players list?

This will need a different system than knight's method...because I don't feel like tallying votes. I'll try and think of a system to do it if everyone thinks this would be fun to do.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
I think a current list would be way more fun.

Some of the names that will pop up from 50 on will be pretty funny on a current list. Even on an all time list (like realgm's list) guys past 50 get a little shaky. They have Manu Ginobili as the 60th best player of all time. 100 just seems like a lot, IMO. Especially if it's a current list.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Yeah but 1 person wont overcome the rest that all have MJ first.

And based on the age of the board Id think youd be more likely to see someone like Shaq over MJ.

You do realize I'm the youngest on the board and most people here would readily acknowledge Kareem over Shaq?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 12:35 PM)
I honestly am not sure Kareem is better than Shaq. Kareem has the longevity stats, but Shaq has the better per and had the highest per in a single season between them.

I never really saw Kareem play and some of his early years they didnt keep all of the stats.

Shaq also probably had the most dominant peak of anyone.

Jordan and Kareem both had much longer peaks. In Jordan's case, his peak was his whole Bulls' career. Kareem's was until he was 39 years old.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Shaq also probably had the most dominant peak of anyone.

Jordan and Kareem both had much longer peaks. In Jordan's case, his peak was his whole Bulls' career. Kareem's was until he was 39 years old.

Strictly speaking peaks Bird is extremely high too. From 84-86 he won 3 straight MVPs and won 2 championships.