Midwest Region

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
Kinda reminds me of the SIU/Kansas game a few years ago. If Ohio could finish around the hoop, they'd be up.

That one guy on Ohio, one of their big men, has been comically bad. Harrison Barnes has to be one of the bigger busts in recent memory.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
Ohio looks exhausted. Kerr knows that Zeller isn't that much of an offensive threat, right?

It's not like their guards can create their own shot at all. It's a WAY better option that having those perimeter guys try to create shots.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 03:02 AM)
Unfortunate. UNC has no business winning this game. They look incredibly average

Ohio U. couldn't have played worse in the first half and in overtime. Henson's block on Cooper's layup won UNC that game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Ohio U. couldn't have played worse in the first half and in overtime. Henson's block on Cooper's layup won UNC that game.

And UNC probably should have outscored them 12-0 in the OT if not for that horrible Harrison Barnes inbounds pass. I had UNC -11 and under 142.5 there and could have very easily pulled off the miracle cover if not for that pass (I literally needed UNC to win the OT 12-0 or 13-1 or 14-2 or something) to hit the parlay.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
I know he shows great hustle and is a strong rebounder, but how in the world is Thomas Robinson the #3 prospect in all of college basketball? He has absolutely no touch around the basket and limited range.

More talented guys like Drummond, Jones and Barnes failing to play to their abilities.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 03:27 AM)
More talented guys like Drummond, Jones and Barnes failing to play to their abilities.

Drummond has a significantly higher ceiling with regards to NBA potential. Heck, M. Leonard does as well. Is TRob really going to be anything better than Taj Gibson in the NBA?

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Drummond has a significantly higher ceiling with regards to NBA potential. Heck, M. Leonard does as well. Is TRob really going to be anything better than Taj Gibson in the NBA?

That's basically what I was saying, most years he'd be closer to 8 because guys with the kind of raw ability I mentioned generally dominate more (and Taj probably would have gone top-10 if he weren't a 24 year old rookie). This is a really odd looking draft class; there are a number of guys with potential but really only one sure thing with Davis.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
That's basically what I was saying, most years he'd be closer to 8 because guys with the kind of raw ability I mentioned generally dominate more (and Taj probably would have gone top-10 if he weren't a 24 year old rookie). This is a really odd looking draft class; there are a number of guys with potential but really only one sure thing with Davis.

Gibson as a top 10 pick? I don't think so. That seems to be a hindsight opinion, because even at like 29 or whatever it was, people didn't like the Gibson pick.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
Gibson as a top 10 pick? I don't think so. That seems to be a hindsight opinion, because even at like 29 or whatever it was, people didn't like the Gibson pick.

Because he was a 24 year old rookie, meaning he was basically seen as a finish product. Had he been the same exact player as the typical 19-20 year old underclassmen, things are totally different because they're still predicting some development. We saw a somewhat comparable example just this past year with Tristan Thompson.