Line Ups- Sox & Angels 8/12/03

TLAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
:(  Sometimes you must say yes, he's gotta work for the money he's recieving.  :cheers

Was that a 1-2-3 inning for Tom Gordon????  :cheers :whip :cheers

:nono :nono never say yes to botch.... :nono :nono ill be happy to eat the money if we got rid of him today....... ;) ill donate if need be......

Danny Wright wins..........I cant believe im saying that.  But i give him credit, he did a hell of a job.  Anybody else here agree Wright should go back to being the 5th starter, and send Cotts back down.

Danny won 14 last year and will win that and more in seasons to come

I'd give Cotts another start and let Danny continue to work long relief for now

I dunno man. If you want to be fair to the kid, it would probably be easier on Cotts if he came out of the pen for awhile. There is a lot of pressure on a young kid like him, with starting games.

I dunno man. If you want to be fair to the kid, it would probably be easier on Cotts if he came out of the pen for awhile. There is a lot of pressure on a young kid like him, with starting games.

Well if you are going to send him to the bullpen you might as well send him back to AA or AAA. We already have 3 lefties in the pen (Wunsch, SchowHawk, Marte) which would mean his outings would be few and far between. Where as in Charlotte or Birmingham he'd start every 5 days.

I also don't think Cotts in the bullpen would be a good idea because out of the pen you want guys to be able to throw strikes first off. As a starter you have opportunities to work around your walks, and as a reliever with inherited runners you can't afford to give up the free pass.

Some thoughts on last nights game.

#1 Danny Wright has given up only one run in 5 2/3 IP out of the pen. Let the experiment continue

#2 To all of those who decided that Cotts is a "cocksucker", "bastard" or anything else derrogatory for one bad outting STAY THE f*** OFF OF THE NEAL COTTS BANDWAGON WHEN IT STARTS TO ROLL ACROSS THE COUNTRY!