Sox vs Royals ST game thread 3/22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

KC@Sox 3:05 http://whitesox.com: De Aza CF Lillibridge LF Rios RF Konerko DH Dunn 1B Pierzynski C Morel 3B Beckham 2B Escobar SS. Stewart P

Closer possibles Thornton, Reed to face Royals as well.

Peavy pitching in a minor league game. Texas Rangers.

Has there been an org reason for putting the last two SPs in minor league games? I can see positives to it, just wondering if they've given a reason.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
Has there been an org reason for putting the last two SPs in minor league games? I can see positives to it, just wondering if they've given a reason.

Tribune article today, they don't want to have their first opponents see what those starters are throwing.

Guess there's not too much concern about Viciedo within the organization, he hasn't been in the line-up (except for B games?) for three days now, one was the off-day.

Looks like they don't have the feed for the game up just yet at chisox.com?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
Guess there's not too much concern about Viciedo within the organization, he hasn't been in the line-up (except for B games?) for three days now, one was the off-day.

He had a tooth pulled the other day.

Frank Thomas would have been the "Albert Pujols of the American League had he been speedy."

Thanks, Melton.

And Thomas led the White Sox with his power hitting from 1995 on?

I think he's forgetting 1990-1994, because among his 7 best seasons were the first seven consecutive ones, starting with his rookie year.

Lillibridge HAS to change his swing with 2 strikes against Chen to get that runner over 3rd with 1 out.

Rios with a somewhat surprising RBI single to LF to score DeAza.

Konerko with RBI double to RCF gap, Rios scores from 1st easily (Beckham, Viciedo please note that swing).

Melton now thinks it's very important to have a fast runner in the 3rd spot to score on Konerko hits, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

Great sign, Dunn's 3rd homer of the spring, goes opposite field off Bruce Chen...4-0 Sox.

Guess Morel's been going through some touchy back issues.

And Alex Ramirez's English hasn't improved at all since 2008. I think it's getting worse, somehow.

Not the best break for Rios on that ball lashed to RF by Francouer.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
Great sign, Dunn's 3rd homer of the spring, goes opposite field off Bruce Chen...4-0 Sox.

Guess Morel's been going through some touchy back issues.And Alex Ramirez's English hasn't improved at all since 2008. I think it's getting worse, somehow.

Wow, that's the first that I've heard of this. That's all we need is another quality 3rd base glove with back problems.

Two former Sox farmhands, Jason Bourgeois and Humberto Quintero (both newly-acquired from HOU), might see significant time with the Royals this year with the Perez/Pena injuries, especially Quintero.

Jason could make the team as one of the last guys on the bench.

Stewart looking so-so, 1 run through 2 IP. He really needs to hold runners better, as well. As Melton and Rongey pointed out, too many times we gave up uncontested steals of second and third, and those runs always seemed to come back to bite us.

Edited by caulfield12

Rongey talking/questioning about Beckham and somehow Melton doesn't get the hint and keeps talking about Peavy, lol.

Escobar a hitting machine in ST.

Which of course means he won't hit at all once April rolls around.

Battle with Escobar and Lillibridge for the same spot? C'mon Melton, Lillibridge is on this team for sure.

Edited by caulfield12

Yep, he (Dunn) kept his shoulders turned in went right over the left-fielder, who looked like he had a play until he ran out of room and hit the fence.

Would have been further out to that part of USCF, although you can never tell how much the desert air helped.

That's at least 3 or 4 hits so far already this spring by Dunn off lefties, less K's, more walks, and I've seen a couple of other good AB's where he went to the track or hit the ball hard to LF against LHPers.

Wow, Quintero signed with us in 1997. Always had that great arm and questionable O.

Stewart with another questionable pitch lashed for a single.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Escobar single. If they don't care about him playing everyday, I'm all for him making the team. I like his energy.

I just don't think he is a good enough prospect to warrant "playing every day" and being protected. Escobar is rather marginal, and he will help this 2012 Sox team more than Dan Johnson will, so bring him up. This isn't Viciedo or Mitchell or Thompson we are talking about here, guys who needed to play every day somewhere. Escobar just isn't that valuable to mortgage the 2012 bench spot for.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)

Just saw this...

Mark Gonzales ‏ @MDGonzales

Viciedo alternating between minor league fields for more ABs. 6-3 in 2nd AB, lines out to LF in 3rd AB