NCAA Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
No amount of coaching offsets 8-23 shooting

He has a jump shot, in fact the best 3pt % on the team. He also wont face 7' defenders in the NBA, he will be against guys like Boozer. He will be a good not great player, with skills in the post and in the pick and pop. Thats about it.

He also played almost the whole season with plantar facitis. That keeps alot of pros out for the season.

The 8-23 shooting is because he wouldn't get them refocused! He allowed them to get passive and scared and just hoist up three-pointers the entire second half while Thomas was in foul trouble and Sullinger was pouting. They allowed Kansas to get any shot they wanted. I saw the same thing when Cinci made their run in the second half of the sweet 16 game, but Craft was able to refocus them against the inferior competition. Not this time.

Self challenged his team at the half and they responded. I don't know what Matta told his.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 1, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Sullinger isn't going to be much of a pro imo, maybe similar to the worn down version of Elton Brand we seen last few seasons.

Thats probably decently accurate depending on how the injury goes. 13-15 ppg 7 boardsish. He just doesnt have the lift to be a great player, I think alot of that is his strange legs.

Alot of fans are hoping he stays another year, and I disagree. OSu has a real good chance to make another run in 2 years when these sophs are seniors and the frosh are jr's with Marc Loving coming in. Part of that is they need Williams to develop as a post player and that wont happen with Sully there.

Kentucky 72 Kansas 68. Self & the Jayhawks have just been pushing all the right buttons in March, but I think Kentucky is just too damn good, but it will be close.

Personally I have hated Kansas even since Self was in Champaign, when they faced Illinois in the Sweet 16 in back-to-back years. On the other hand, a KU victory wins me a pool and a nice payday, so I guess it's a win-win situation.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
Kentucky 72 Kansas 68. Self & the Jayhawks have just been pushing all the right buttons in March, but I think Kentucky is just too damn good, but it will be close.

Personally I have hated Kansas even since Self was in Champaign, when they faced Illinois in the Sweet 16 in back-to-back years. On the other hand, a KU victory wins me a pool and a nice payday, so I guess it's a win-win situation.

Im going to go KY 80 KU 63. Shooters have had trouble in that dome and I think KY is just too long for KU. Davis shuts down Robinson and the guard play is sloppy all around. KY in transition is what blows it open.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
Im going to go KY 80 KU 63. Shooters have had trouble in that dome and I think KY is just too long for KU. Davis shuts down Robinson and the guard play is sloppy all around. KY in transition is what blows it open.

Davis wont be guarding TRob.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
I bet he does some of the game since Whitey is worthless offensively. Also he will be standing in the lane helpside waiting to block every shot Robinson puts up.

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but yu wrote Whitey, not Withey.

Kinda funny.

Just being an ass; I realize u didn't mean anything by it.

Kentucky probably wins this one, but I don't think it'll be a rout like some believe it will be. Withey and Robinson will make it tougher for Kentucky to get the easy buckets in the paint, IMO. I say Kentucky by 11 or so, because of some late FT's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
I think this game is over within first 8 minutes. Kentucky by 18 is my prediction, as I'll be flipping it to Raw by 9PM

It's ridiculously important for Kansas to get off to a strong start. Granted, Iowa State let UK go up 12 in the first half and came back to tie it, that's certainly not the best way to go about it.

This game isn't about Thomas Robinson vs. Anthony Davis. The other guys will determine this game. If Withey can provide some offense, Taylor can shoot well and Kansas can get big contributions off the bench, they have a shot.

I think Davis is the most likable player Calipari has had in college, at least to me. He seems like a genuinely good kid.

I'm not counting Rose because I didn't like him til he was on the Bulls. I didn't NOT like him before that, just didn't have an opinion.

Kentucky is maybe playing their best game of the season, so Im not sure any team can beat this.

The entire idea would have been to try and let Kentucky beat you from the floor, but I think they are shooting something like 55%, so that is a problem. Also KU doesnt seem to have a lot of pure shooters who can just try and win with the 3.

Kentucky is good, wish it wasnt going this way but even a team like Kansas looks like they are considerably less talented.