2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
After the last 2 weeks, i'm beginning to think Illinois has a shot at getting to 10 wins. PSU, NEB, Iowa and OSU and a loss to Michigan on the road. Even with a loss at OSU or Iowa, 9-9 would be pretty great from where they started.

PSU and Neb should be locks, I'd put Iowa at about 50/50, OSU maybe 25/75 and Michigan at 10/90. I'll take .500 if we can get there, but at this point 8-10 will get us into the tournament.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
PSU and Neb should be locks, I'd put Iowa at about 50/50, OSU maybe 25/75 and Michigan at 10/90. I'll take .500 if we can get there, but at this point 8-10 will get us into the tournament.

Yeah I agree, beat PSU and NEB and it's a lock.

I'm still a bit shocked that the media selection committee put Illinois as a 5 seed, 18th overall. That was 2 wins ago too.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 01:00 PM)
Apparently the coaching staffs of WSU and ISU had to be pulled apart by security after the game last night. I'm hoping for a rematch at Arch Madness.

I noticed some WSU players pandering to the crowd a bit too much as game went off air.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 08:12 AM)
Well it certainly changed the entire momentum at the end. Still should have won and Wichita still needed to make every shot they took. I won't be too mad unless we have to play on Thursday because of this.

If you're referring to the karate kick, that was about as easy a call as you can get. Not really questionable. No idea what you're doing kicking your leg out at a guy after you already have the rebound.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
If you're referring to the karate kick, that was about as easy a call as you can get. Not really questionable. No idea what you're doing kicking your leg out at a guy after you already have the rebound.

Tons of people kick their legs out on rebounds. I've seen him do it a million times. It wasn't above the shoulders and I really don't think it could be proved intentional. I'm sure his first thought after leaping for a rebound was to look around to see if there was someone he could kick.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)

I agree with everything said here, except if that Iowa game is in Iowa City, I'd favor the Hawkeyes by a little. I think Iowa is still way underrated. I'm not talking in terms of resume because of they haven't really played anyone, but just as a team.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)
Tons of people kick their legs out on rebounds. I've seen him do it a million times. It wasn't above the shoulders and I really don't think it could be proved intentional. I'm sure his first thought after leaping for a rebound was to look around to see if there was someone he could kick.

LOL. What does kicking your leg out accomplish, if not to clear out anyone near you?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
LOL. What does kicking your leg out accomplish, if not to clear out anyone near you?

Of course it is used to clear out people near you. For a flagrant foul to be called in that situation there has to be intent which I don't believe happened but you and referees clearly do. This doesn't even mention that they didn't call a foul at all until Marshall whined about it and the fact that they let the wrong player shoot the free throws. Which the referees are being disciplined by the league for. In that situation, with no contact above the shoulders, I think it should have been either a no call or a personal foul on Carmichael. Not a flagrant. Just my opinion though.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 18, 2013 -> 10:16 PM)
He caught the ball with his leg in a normal position, then kicked it out while looking at the guy and hit him. I guess we just have different interpretations of intent. In no way was that any sort of basketball play.

It's a judgement call. There is bound to be different opinions. Just didn't like the way the refs handled it by not making any call initially and then letting Marshall send out an 80% shooter in place of a 53% shooter for the free throws.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 19, 2013 -> 06:12 PM)
Wow what a pace. How can anyone doubt that this is the best conference in the land.

Had guy at the gym, who admitted to not watching college BBall, tell me B1O sucks and should only get 4 teams. I went off on an epic rant with my phone, pulling up records and schedules.