Game Thread 4/27: Sawks @ Sox, 7:10pm, The U

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox offense has really slowed down this week. Still think they have to fix the #2 spot and split up Morel/Beckham at the bottom of the order. With your 8/9/2 struggling so badly, it seems like if the 3/4/5/6 can't do anything, then they won't score.

Turning point of this game was AJ's early double not going out of the park...

And giving up 4 runs with two outs in the 6th.

Rios, Viciedo, Morel and Beckham.

Surely a crooked number will be put up. Can we maybe at least challenge the Boston bullpen once in this series?

Edited by caulfield12

I wonder if Beckham's glove is so good he'll reverse roles with Lilly (on some other team) at some point. Beckham will be a once a week or twice a week guy and late-inning defensive guy at any of the infield positions.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
He sucked. No excuses.

Fan-f***ing-tastic. Should have traded him in the off-season. That move will come back to bite Kenny in a few years. Should have eased up on his demands. What a joke he's been this season...

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:49 AM)
Fan-f***ing-tastic. Should have traded him in the off-season. That move will come back to bite Kenny in a few years. Should have eased up on his demands. What a joke he's been this season...

Don't think his fastball reached higher than 90mph tonight, and there were times it looked like he tried to get more on it and was hitting 89mph with no movement.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
Turning point of this game was AJ's early double not going out of the park...

And giving up 4 runs with two outs in the 6th.

Rios, Viciedo, Morel and Beckham.

Surely a crooked number will be put up. Can we maybe at least challenge the Boston bullpen once in this series?

I wish we would get a good team again where we could point to turning points in blowout wins.

Our wins are pretty cut and dried.

We either get a gem pitched or have the home run bats out.

Wow, way more Boston fans than Sox fans at the Cell.

Hilarious.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
I wonder if Beckham's glove is so good he'll reverse roles with Lilly (on some other team) at some point. Beckham will be a once a week or twice a week guy and late-inning defensive guy at any of the infield positions.

McDonald can get it out to center, but Adam Dunn can't...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 02:51 AM)
I wish we would get a good team again where we could point to turning points in blowout wins.

Our wins are pretty cut and dried.

We either get a gem pitched or have the home run bats out.

Wow, way more Boston fans than Sox fans at the Cell.

Hilarious.

Greg, it's freezing in Chicago tonight. Red Sox fans bought tickets in advance for this game, and I'm sure the walk-up sales were miserable tonight. Screw it, at this point, I don't care if the crowd is 95% visiting team fans as long as people actually show up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:53 PM)
Greg, it's freezing in Chicago tonight. Red Sox fans bought tickets in advance for this game, and I'm sure the walk-up sales were miserable tonight. Screw it, at this point, I don't care if the crowd is 95% visiting team fans as long as people actually show up.

What's the official count tonight?

I get that the Red Sox offense is awesome...but freakin' Kelly Shoppach, Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross, Marlon Byrd and Mike Aviles were featured in that line-up tonight. That's five spots in the batting order that are average-below average...John Danks just sucked. End of story.

Glad to see we put up a fight at the end.

5 perfect innings for the Boston Bullpen now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
1-11 from the 7/8/9 spot tonight. Morel with the awful protect the plate swing on the 0-1 count. Go get 'em Jake!

Not to mention another 0fer from the 2 spot.

DeAza

AJ

Rios

Konerko

Dunn

Ramirez

Viciedo

Lilly

Morel

Just do it.

At least the Marlins have lost 6 in a row or something like that.

Don't have to hear how Ozzie's a miracle worker raising malcontents like Hanley Ramirez and Zambrano from the dead (actually, they've been okay, they're losing games for other reasons like Heath Bell).

20,414. Although I guess it was only 39 degrees at game time and felt even cooler at the park.

Red Sox now only one game below .500 and close to passing us on the way up the standings.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
I get that the Red Sox offense is awesome...but freakin' Kelly Shoppach, Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross, Marlon Byrd and Mike Aviles were featured in that line-up tonight. That's five spots in the batting order that are average-below average...John Danks just sucked. End of story.

Glad to see we put up a fight at the end.

5 perfect innings for the Boston Bullpen now.

I get your point, but I must note that Ross & Aviles are in beast mode right now, both had OPS north of .900 coming into the series.