Tigres at Palehose 5/14

Quin

The problem with Morel is we have no replacement in sight, other than Lillibridge (who the majority view as a platoon option, at best, and who has very limited experience at 3B at any level).

So unless they trade Thornton/Crain/Floyd and get back a young starting 3B, they pretty much have to stick it out for the next 2-3 months and determine once and for all if he's going to be a part of the future.

He goes to AAA for 2 months, hits decently (in line with minor league track record) and then puts up a similar August/September to 2011, then who would have any confidence he would repeat it again in 2013 after what happened this season?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
The problem with Morel is we have no replacement in sight, other than Lillibridge (who the majority view as a platoon option, at best, and who has very limited experience at 3B at any level).

So unless they trade Thornton/Crain/Floyd and get back a young starting 3B, they pretty much have to stick it out for the next 2-3 months and determine once and for all if he's going to be a part of the future.

He goes to AAA for 2 months, hits decently (in line with minor league track record) and then puts up a similar August/September to 2011, then who would have any confidence he would repeat it again in 2013 after what happened this season?

Right thats really the main problem....I think Dallas is on the DL? I mean its pretty clear to see he cant hit Major League Pitching right now. Continuing to fail isnt going to help his confidence.

Morel threatening 400 OPS, now at 415.

Alexei at 481.

What happened to the 2008 version? Yeah, yeah, I know...he'll heat up in June and July and August.

Well, at least Beckham got on base for Dunn, there's that.

Edited by caulfield12

Heart of the order coming up.

Most important inning of Stewart's 2012 season here.

I don't know how he's doing it, has to be command and movement, because it's certainly no velocity.

So for now, I'll apologize to young Mr. Stewart, although I don't believe it can last for much longer.

I guess for now we should hope for Molina to start throwing in the 80's instead of 89-93 as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Morel threatening 400 OPS, now at 415.

Alexei at 481.

What happened to the 2008 version? Yeah, yeah, I know...he'll heat up in June and July and August.

Well, at least Beckham got on base for Dunn, there's that.

Hey but he could have won the gold glove..