Absolute Worst Things in the World

Jenksismyhero

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)
I actually do #5 more often than you could possibly imagine

The worst is when that happens at work, I'm always afraid the pants will really rip and nothing you can do but have a nice walk of shame to your car.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
The worst is when that happens at work, I'm always afraid the pants will really rip and nothing you can do but have a nice walk of shame to your car.

I caught the pocket of my swish pants on a stair railing one time and it ripped them wide open all the way down my leg. Luckily I was at home.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
I caught the pocket of my swish pants on a stair railing one time and it ripped them wide open all the way down my leg. Luckily I was at home.

I wouldn't even know what to do if that happened in public, "Uhhh, I'll be back in an hour or so I guess..."

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)

This happened to me while I was working at Jewel for a summer. They got caught on a dumpster. The worst part is I only had one pair of work pants so I had to go to Wal Mart in my ripped pants to buy some new ones so I could go back to work.

#8 - When will the makers of Pringles realize that it's not just children eating their chips?

#14 - I see plenty of these things. They bother me, but not as much as spiders.

#16 - It's even worse when you look at the clock and realize your alarm is going to go off in 30 minutes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
We get those #14's (fuzzy eyebrows we call them) in the house here. Not even sure what they are - centipedes, millipedes, or something else? What do they eat?

They're centipedes. Far less threatening looking than the disgustingly creepy millipede.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
We get those #14's (fuzzy eyebrows we call them) in the house here. Not even sure what they are - centipedes, millipedes, or something else? What do they eat?

Those are centipedes, and they're the worst living creature I've ever encountered. I've never seen a live cockroach unless it was on display behind class somewhere, I've never been stung by a bee, but this is light years worse. When I was a kid, one of those was on a wall in the house. My dad took a vacuum cleaner to collect it. The sound of it getting sucked through the nozzle made an audible noise. Worst sound I've ever heard. I don't even think they bite- the sight of all those legs moving in that wavelike motion is awful. I don't see these guys often, but just this week I went to the bathroom at work as I was leaving for the day and the light were already off. There it was. I took a magazine and killed it- at least I thought I did. I shut off the lights and left, but came back because I forgot a bottle of water that I was taking with me. I looked at the spot where the creature was and it was gone. It played dead until I left. Luckily, I noticed where it was running off to and made sure to conclude it's wretched existence.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)

Specifically, that is Scutigera coleoptrata, the house centipede. Originally from Europe, they have become naturalized throughout much of the world. They are insectivores and are harmless to humans.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 02:52 PM)
Those are centipedes, and they're the worst living creature I've ever encountered. I've never seen a live cockroach unless it was on display behind class somewhere, I've never been stung by a bee, but this is light years worse. When I was a kid, one of those was on a wall in the house. My dad took a vacuum cleaner to collect it. The sound of it getting sucked through the nozzle made an audible noise. Worst sound I've ever heard. I don't even think they bite- the sight of all those legs moving in that wavelike motion is awful. I don't see these guys often, but just this week I went to the bathroom at work as I was leaving for the day and the light were already off. There it was. I took a magazine and killed it- at least I thought I did. I shut off the lights and left, but came back because I forgot a bottle of water that I was taking with me. I looked at the spot where the creature was and it was gone. It played dead until I left. Luckily, I noticed where it was running off to and made sure to conclude it's wretched existence.

It's hard for me to even wrap my head around the idea of being phased by insects, though obviously a ton of people are. This is a cool one, and highly adaptable, too.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
It's hard for me to even wrap my head around the idea of being phased by insects, though obviously a ton of people are. This is a cool one, and highly adaptable, too.

I bet being from Florida has something to do with that. We have a place in Seminole that combined, we'll usually spend a month total at over the course of a year. Comparing the diversity of bugs (and wildlife in general) between the two, the Chicagoland area is like a little bowl with a goldfish or beta fish, while Florida is like the Shedd Aquarium. Maybe this is an overdramatic example, but someone living in NYC is going to have a different reaction to a lion encounter than someone living in sub-Saharan Africa.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 12:19 PM)
So I clicked on the "50 people you wish you knew in real life" article linked after this one. Hilarious.

3, 14, 37, 39, 47, but especially 37 and 47- excellent.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 01:25 AM)
I hear centipedes are good for the home as they eat basically every every other bug. Still, f*** them. I hope they all burn.

A-f***ing-men. I hate those damn things. Had one crawl up my leg under my desk once and it freaked me the hell out. 14 wins on this list for me.

Honorable mention:

2 - Pizza rolls without stuffing SUCKS.

5 - Manages to happen to me almost daily.

9 - Happens all the time, annoying.