2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
what is the black jersey? Injury?

No, they'll dress certain lines in certain colors during practice...so you can tell who's on what line. Stalberg's currently on the "5th" line, at least in practice.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
Not this again.

It's not like Stalberg has brought much to the table this postseason. If Q wants a more physical lineup, I think I would prefer Carcillo who has a little hockey still over Bolling. It's not like there are gonna be any fights.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
It's not like Stalberg has brought much to the table this postseason. If Q wants a more physical lineup, I think I would prefer Carcillo who has a little hockey still over Bolling. It's not like there are gonna be any fights.

I'm more surprised about the top 6, really.

But I may even think about playing Mayers at this point, if you are taking Stalberg out. Just due to the experience factor and he'd likely stay out of the box more than Carcillo would. None are great options though.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm more surprised about the top 6, really.

But I may even think about playing Mayers at this point, if you are taking Stalberg out. Just due to the experience factor and he'd likely stay out of the box more than Carcillo would. None are great options though.

People are saying that they want Toews & Kane separate so that one of them can avoid Chara. Keep them together and it's all Chara all the time.

I agree about Mayers, but he seems to have gotten in Q's doghouse before the playoffs last year and can't get out. Either way, that player will play maybe 5-7 minutes, so it's not that big of a deal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
People are saying that they want Toews & Kane separate so that one of them can avoid Chara. Keep them together and it's all Chara all the time.

I agree about Mayers, but he seems to have gotten in Q's doghouse before the playoffs last year and can't get out. Either way, that player will play maybe 5-7 minutes, so it's not that big of a deal.

That's likely a factor, but I'd rather have my best guys and best chemistry/hot hands going together. Another factor is you've got the matchups at home against the forward lines too...if you want your two best defensive forwards in the top 6, Hossa/Toews, against the Krejci line, you can play it that way as well.

Anyone who watches these games will be convinced Chara's out there for 40 minutes a game. It'll be hard to remember shifts where he's not out there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
ESPN Chicago@ESPNChiHawks

Sharp, Toews, Hossa together. Handzus w Kane and Bickell. Bolland between Shaw and Saad. Kruger between Frolik and Bolli

This is clearly all misdirection. Splitting up Toews and Kane would be the dumbest idea ever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)

And then Hoss and Sharp dominate. Kane was a non-factor for 2.5 rounds of the playoffs and became a monster the moment he was paired with Tazer. You let the presence of Chara break that up, give it to Boston.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
some guy just called into the score and suggested the blackhawks get rid of patrick kane to keep brian bickell on the roster. meathead f***ing bandwagon pieces of s*** all of them.

Trade Patrick Kane for the 2 games to be on NBC ;)

seriously....even I know how ridiculous that is. I swear Chicago is home to some of the dumbest sports fans in the country.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
I swear Chicago is home to some of the dumbest sports fans in the country.

Championships in every sport bring out the lowest common denominator - but that was inexcusable!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
And then Hoss and Sharp dominate. Kane was a non-factor for 2.5 rounds of the playoffs and became a monster the moment he was paired with Tazer. You let the presence of Chara break that up, give it to Boston.

I agree, pairing #19 & #88 totally changed the game. And the Slovak connection has turned Handzus into a valuable player. If they struggle, you can always switch.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 04:53 PM)
some guy just called into the score and suggested the blackhawks get rid of patrick kane to keep brian bickell on the roster. meathead f***ing bandwagon pieces of s*** all of them.

I "heard" that call as well.

I'm not a bandwagon fan, f*** you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 11, 2013 -> 05:53 PM)

I actually heard that and texted in that I would totally be on board for trading Sharp, if it gets Bickell back, fine, if not, just to free up money for other players. I feel Sharp has peaked and he should fetch a fair collection of prospects.

Of course dumping Seabrook somewhere would be the greatest possible move at this point, but he and that contract aren't going places.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:31 AM)
Also, I made this fantastic photoshop. Feel free to rock the avatar for the next couple weeks if you so choose. Rally Q'stache.

The whole idea of a "rally" prior to game 1 makes me want to punch you.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 07:58 AM)
The whole idea of a "rally" prior to game 1 makes me want to punch you.

I'm also against all the weird things people do with the Hawks logo. Can't people just use it/wear it without changing it? I've seen so many odd t-shirts out there.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
I'm also against all the weird things people do with the Hawks logo. Can't people just use it/wear it without changing it? I've seen so many odd t-shirts out there.

I'm pretty much an old-fart traditionalist, but even though I consider it the best logo in spots, that really doesn't bother me, though personally I'd much rather spend my money on things that are official. Some are pretty creative. I saw an Indian head wearing a Bane mask with the word "Rise" that I got a big kick out of.