2012-2013 Official NHL thread

At this point you have the 4 best teams in the league battling it out. You could make valid points on any match up you'd prefer your team to have in the next round because there isnt a Cinderella team in the conference finals this year.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
You conveniently left out:

Penguins O > Bruins O. And actually, with a healthy Crosby...Penguins O > Hawks O.

But it doesn't matter. The Penguins are the more talented team. Period. Doesn't mean Boston won't beat the Penguins, but if the Hawks can advance, they'd beat Boston more times out of 100 than they would the Penguins out of a 100.

If you're strictly looking from a Hawks perspective, you hope Boston pulls the upset.

If you are looking from a Goliath vs Goliath with the potential to possibly one of the best Stanley Cup Final series in the past 20 years, you hope Penguins win the series. But, lowers the chance the Hawks win.

I agree with this post.

Good win for the Blackhawks. Predictably a fight breaks out with the Hawks up, 4-1. LA trying to prove it won't lay down and let the Hawks do whatever they want.

LA probably figures it has some momentum after scoring the final two goals of the game. We shall see. GO HAWKS!

I felt like the Hawks played a more complete game on Saturday, but Quick wasn't nearly as good tonight. It will be interesting to see if LA can take anything from holding the Hawks scoreless for the last half of the game, and getting the last two goals.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
I felt like the Hawks played a more complete game on Saturday, but Quick wasn't nearly as good tonight. It will be interesting to see if LA can take anything from holding the Hawks scoreless for the last half of the game, and getting the last two goals.

I agree. The Kings had some chances in the 1st, but Corey shut em down, then that 2nd goal just before intermission really knocked the Kings down. I think the back-to-back games hurt Quick, he definitely didn't look the same.

I remember in the offseason, I was hoping the Hawks could make a trade for Bernier if he was on the market, as Crawford wasn't to be trusted. Oops.

Looking good so far, but as they say, a series doesn't start until the road team wins a game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 06:21 AM)
I agree. The Kings had some chances in the 1st, but Corey shut em down, then that 2nd goal just before intermission really knocked the Kings down. I think the back-to-back games hurt Quick, he definitely didn't look the same.

I remember in the offseason, I was hoping the Hawks could make a trade for Bernier if he was on the market, as Crawford wasn't to be trusted. Oops.

Looking good so far, but as they say, a series doesn't start until the road team wins a game.

I hate that saying. It's completely stupid and makes no sense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
That was pretty much as good as you can hope for last night. The key to this series will be taking one of the next two in LA, where the Kings are dynamite.

If they win a game in LA, the series will be over in 5.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:03 AM)
Exactly.

Haha. The statement itself may be dumb, but the concept makes sense IMO. As a higher seed, protect your home ice and you have nothing to worry about it. The lower seed better figure out a way to steal a road game.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the Hawks , it's that when they get a lead they stall the offense and play back on their heels allowing the other team to carry the play. They keep their shifts short , dump the puck more and allow a lot more play in their own end. It's usually pretty sound but even before the playoffs started they had a tendency to give up late goals . One time it's going to burn them . I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being too costly.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
Haha. The statement itself may be dumb, but the concept makes sense IMO. As a higher seed, protect your home ice and you have nothing to worry about it. The lower seed better figure out a way to steal a road game.

I get why people say it, it just doesn't make sense. It's not like you win 90% of the time at home and then if you lose it's OHMYf***INGGOD NOW IT'S A SERIES. 1) The series has started and 2) I find it hard to say a 2-2 series "hasn't started" because of which team won which games, and so on and so forth.

Home ice helps, but it's not a be all end all. I think in the first 2 rounds it was somewhere around 63%. It's not exactly "stealing" a game when you win on the road.

I don't look at this series as "if we lose both in LA, no big deal, we're supposed to" it's more "f***, now it's 2-2."

Taking an approach of "we only have to win the home games" is just idiotic. I don't really want to play a game 7.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:15 AM)
I get why people say it, it just doesn't make sense. It's not like you win 90% of the time at home and then if you lose it's OHMYf***INGGOD NOW IT'S A SERIES. 1) The series has started and 2) I find it hard to say a 2-2 series "hasn't started" because of which team won which games, and so on and so forth.

Home ice helps, but it's not a be all end all. I think in the first 2 rounds it was somewhere around 63%. It's not exactly "stealing" a game when you win on the road.

I don't look at this series as "if we lose both in LA, no big deal, we're supposed to" it's more "f***, now it's 2-2."

Taking an approach of "we only have to win the home games" is just idiotic. I don't really want to play a game 7.

Ok fine, you win. I won't use that phrase anymore. Happy now?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
I think I might go ahead and get drunk for Penguins/Bruins tonight as I expect a much closer outcome than Game 1.

The Penguins need to calm the f*** down with their emotions. Game 1 reminded me of the end of last year's Flyers series, and that did not end well for Pittsburgh. Get back to what you are good at.