Konerko hurting again?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:48 AM)
Anyone else think Paulie's wrist is giving him problems again? His last AB last night where he got jammed and rolled one to SS, the way he held the bat after he got jammed looked like he was in pain.

and he has been struggling, only 7 hits in the last 10 games, i was thinking the same

I think it is sore. He doesn';t seem to be getting the real good swings on it and wants to guide it some. Hawk made mention of it on Sunday that PK's wrist was sore. He is trying to play through it but you wonder if a DL trip is needed?

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
Why is it so difficult for these guys to understand that if pain is causing them to underperform, they are doing the team no favor by trying to "play through it". If you're hurt, you're hurt. Sit down and let someone healthier give it a shot for a few days.

I have a feeling if he doesn't play through it, surgery is the only option and then he's out for the year.

Playing through it is only gonna make it worse at this point. His average was close to .400 not that long ago and he's dropped off the face of the earth since then.

He needs to go on the DL and now. The team will stay afloat because of the crappy division, so a healthy Paulie for Aug/Sept is a MUST.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
I have a feeling if he doesn't play through it, surgery is the only option and then he's out for the year.

Maybe not. They already moved some stuff around, so if he rests it for a few games, he may be OK for the season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
I think it's more mental than physical...he's pouting like such a little girl.

That last part was supposed to be green, I assume?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
Maybe not. They already moved some stuff around, so if he rests it for a few games, he may be OK for the season.

That last part was supposed to be green, I assume?

No, it's not...watch every PA where he doesn't hit the ball hard...he immediately tosses his bat in disgust and then hardly bothers to run out of the box...I think he's more frustrated than in pain.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)
No, it's not...watch every PA where he doesn't hit the ball hard...he immediately tosses his bat in disgust and then hardly bothers to run out of the box...I think he's more frustrated than in pain.

That could also be frustrated because of the pain.

Like I said, it was pure speculation, but the look on his face after the jam shot to short looked like pain, not pissed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:13 PM)

And that's pouting like a little girl? He's frustrated, he does that, I don't see how that is related to your comment.

Could be pain, could be just a bad streak or regression. If its the former, see if a little rest can help, give him a few days off. If its the latter, he has to play through it. Either way, the last thing anyone would accuse PK of is "pouting like a little girl". Have you heard him complain even once?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:03 PM)

Like I said, it was pure speculation, but the look on his face after the jam shot to short looked like pain, not pissed.

I've been seeing this and saying it for weeks now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
And that's pouting like a little girl? He's frustrated, he does that, I don't see how that is related to your comment.

Could be pain, could be just a bad streak or regression. If its the former, see if a little rest can help, give him a few days off. If its the latter, he has to play through it. Either way, the last thing anyone would accuse PK of is "pouting like a little girl". Have you heard him complain even once?

I'm not talking about pain.

He should run the damned ball out. Instead of sulking about it like a spoiled little kid.

If we're going to criticize others for doing it, then PK shouldn't be above the criticism either.

But of course, you say it and you're going to take s***.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)

I see what ypou are seeing. It is not a mental thing IMO. If the wrist hurts it hurts. The swings that big league ball players take puts a lot of stress on the hands and wrists. Maybe sitting for a few days would help but tyhey want PK at the All-Star game

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
I'm not talking about pain.

He should run the damned ball out. Instead of sulking about it like a spoiled little kid.

If we're going to criticize others for doing it, then PK shouldn't be above the criticism either.

But of course, you say it and you're going to take s***.

I think there is some sort of respect/hierarchy that comes from this. It is annoying that he does it as much as he does, but I'd be much more upset as a fan (which generally doesn't mean a lot, though I think it's a shared opinion of most people in power) if it were a rookie doing it, not a guy who has been an MVP candidate, has multiple 40 homer seasons and 400+ career home runs. If it's a pitch that he legitimately missed and he should have crushed it, then yeah, he gets to do it then, but there are some pitches where the pitcher just made a great pitch and he got himself out and he does it, which is actually pretty disrespectful to the pitcher. And as a hitter, you know.