GT: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
I have no problem with trading for one.

I wouldn't pay anything for a backup catcher. I don't even know if I'd give up Flowers for a backup catcher. I'd insist on buying one if I felt like I needed one

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
I wouldn't pay anything for a backup catcher. I don't even know if I'd give up Flowers for a backup catcher. I'd insist on buying one if I felt like I needed one

I think Flowers would be better served being in AAA and starting everyday.

I think everyone is ready to pull the plug on flowers because of his terrible disipline at the plate but he is a pretty good backup defensively and still relatively young. He will be fine for the rest of the year backing up an ALLSTAR or should be allstar in AJP. Next year we find a backup like castro was someone who hits around .250 not .180

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Any ideas on a RH hitting backup C that might be available?

I have no idea.Although thats a good idea to research later after the game. I believe mlbtraderumors had a few catchers on their trade list the other day.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
i know kurt suzuki is. hes been really bad this year and is making a lot of money though

Soto is also another guy who was on the list. They had Kurt and Soto as potential waiver wire guys.

I'm not advocating going out and getting someone who's used to starting to be the back-up catcher. Just a move like when KW got Ramon Castro would be perfect. Getting a back-up catcher that can hit LHP well would help some of our LHP-hitting difficulties.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Soto is also another guy who was on the list. They had Kurt and Soto as potential waiver wire guys.

found the list:

suzuki

ramon hernandez

soto

kelly shoppach

huberto quintero