Red Sox vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
Is he on short rest today?

Well, he pitched in relief on Friday night. Sox are treating him like he has a rubber arm even though he's shown no evidence of being able to handle the extra work load.

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:31 AM)
Axlerod has no go-to out pitch when he gets to two strikes. Big problem for an MLB pitcher, especially facing this team

Yep, when you face a patient team like Red Sox, you're not going to get them to chase. I keep saying this, but I pray this is Axelrod's last start for the Sox. You flat out can't be putting a pitcher of his terrible quality on the mound as often as the Sox have.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Well, he pitched in relief on Friday night. Sox are treating him like he has a rubber arm even though he's shown no evidence of being able to handle the extra work load.

He hasn't shown he can handle any workload.

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
Axlerod has no go-to out pitch when he gets to two strikes. Big problem for an MLB pitcher, especially facing this team

boston will score at least 7 runs tonight

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)

Outside of Nate jones the same can be said for just about every rookie on the roster

Axelrod has the stuff to compete (I wouldn't say thrive) but he just pitches scared. As soon as there are two strikes he goes into "nothing near the zone" mode and will either walk or end up laying something in there to get beaten. He's finally tried to pitch inside today but won't do it late in the count or in a location that will draw contact in play.

Key for today is staying out of 3-2 counts, it can't be automatic like that when he goes 0-2, 1-2 as often as he does.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
boston will score at least 7 runs tonight

Going out on a limb? 33 pitches in the 1st for Axe.

I don't have enough beer for this game.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
Outside of Nate jones the same can be said for just about every rookie on the roster

Right but hopefully with a whole ST with the big club and working with coop they can develop some resemblence of one. Axlerod is a 27 year old journeyman for a reason.

Thanks for the welcomes guys, been lurking here for years