Rotation from here on out.

justBLAZE

Chris Sale's extended break is in full effect, as the Chicago White Sox's prized left-hander won't get his next start until Aug. 7 against Kansas City.

Sale hasn't pitched since Friday at Texas, meaning he will receive 10 days' rest before his next start. The Sox elected to give Sale, who is in his first full major league season as a starter, an extended break because of arm fatigue.

Philip Humber will start Friday night's series against the Los Angeles Angels, followed by Gavin Floyd. Humber is available in relief Tuesday night against Minnesota.

The Sox won't name their starters for Sunday's series finale against the Angels, although rookie left-hander Jose Quintana would be lined up to pitch that game, followed by Jake Peavy to start the series opener against Kansas City.

"It’s all over the place right now," manager Robin Ventura understated.

The Angels will counter with Zack Greinke, Ervin Santana and Dan Haren against the Sox.

LINK.

Gulp.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
Gulp.

Are you saying 'Gulp" to the Angels 3 starters? If so, Santana has an ERA of nearly 6.00 and Haren has been having back issues and has not been himself this year.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
Maybe Quintana gets a break now too.

LAA- Humber, Floyd, Liriano

KC- Peavy, Sale, Quintana

Something like that.

Yes, there's speculation that this might happen. Also if Humber, who is available and might be used in long relief, will get his start postponed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
Are you saying 'Gulp" to the Angels 3 starters? If so, Santana has an ERA of nearly 6.00 and Haren has been having back issues and has not been himself this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
And we skip Weaver.

Nah, I'm thrilled with how the season is going so far, but we have so many question marks, I'm gulping at the next two months overall. I'm not sure about 6 man rotation period, those aren't too popular, they would be if they worked. I guess I'll just take it one game at a time.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
Nah, I'm thrilled with how the season is going so far, but we have so many question marks, I'm gulping at the next two months overall. I'm not sure about 6 man rotation period, those aren't too popular, they would be if they worked. I guess I'll just take it one game at a time.

Honestly, I'm not nervous one bit. Team's played head and shoulders above where I thought they'd be, the guys who looked unsalvageable have all produced, and we got a pennant race to be in. Heckuva lot better than where we were the last couple years in August, which was starting to look like no one cared and limping to the finish. And with how the young guys have played/pitched this year, there's a whole lot to build on going forward as contracts start to clear.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
Honestly, I'm not nervous one bit. Team's played head and shoulders above where I thought they'd be, the guys who looked unsalvageable have all produced, and we got a pennant race to be in. Heckuva lot better than where we were the last couple years in August, which was starting to look like no one cared and limping to the finish. And with how the young guys have played/pitched this year, there's a whole lot to build on going forward as contracts start to clear.

Yep, KW's managed to upgrade this team by a huge amount during the season without giving up one key piece for the future.

My hope is after this 10 day thing with Sale, they at least attempt to get into a 5-man rotation with Floyd, Liriano, Peavy, Sale, and Quintana, starting Saturday.

It's never going to happen, but if they didn't have to skip anyone with this rotation--it would be Peavy for 163, and Sale for 164, for whomever they have to play, for whatever reason.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
They are indeed pushing Quintana to next Wednesday for extra rest.

God damn man, I'll be there Friday and was hoping to see Sale vs. ZG.....instead?? Fill-up UMBER. Great.

...At least I'll see one good pitcher on Elvis Night.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:53 AM)
They are indeed pushing Quintana to next Wednesday for extra rest.

Really glad the Sox are moving Q. He's tired and the extra rest should be beneficial.