Coop: Sox going back to five man rotation

Wedge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Next year? He has been moved there in the same year.

Ya but that may have happened in the past for a guy who was amazing and pitched in the pen in the playoffs I mean has there ever been such a fall off like this one?

QUOTE (Wagz @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
Ya but that may have happened in the past for a guy who was amazing and pitched in the pen in the playoffs I mean has there ever been such a fall off like this one?

Gallaraga in essence pitched a perfect game as the umpire blew the call on the final out. He fell apart quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Not thrilled with Sale pitching on 4 days rest last night, and now he will again against the Yankees.

If they don't skip anyone the rest of the season, Sale will pitch the first postseason game/Game 163, which is good. But if they injected a 6th starter a few more times, they could have given him more rest between starts (along with everyone else), AND started him first in the playoffs.

And the current rotation doesn't have Peavy facing the Tigers at all OR the Yankees OR the Angels.

Peavy-- at KC, vs Sea, at Bal, vs Min, vs KC, at Min, at KC, vs Cle, vs TB

The Sox hitters better start scoring for him.

And in case you're wondering, the Tigers series are set up this way now:

At Detroit: Floyd, Liriano, Sale

At Home: Quintana, Floyd, Liriano, Sale

And the current rotation doesn't have Peavy facing the Tigers at all OR the Yankees OR the Angels.

I wouldn't worry too much about matchups, because on any given trip through the rotation, any one of the starters might be the best and any one might be the worst.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 06:39 AM)
I wouldn't worry too much about matchups, because on any given trip through the rotation, any one of the starters might be the best and any one might be the worst.

That's a good point. The only matchup I would worry about is Verlander, because he is always on the top of his game.