8/24 Mariners at White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
Put it this way...I checked out a Seattle Mariners message board, and not a single Seattle fan is arguing if it was a catch or not.

People don't care in Seattle.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 03:51 AM)
I blame Robin for not doing his job, which is learning how to manage a bullpen properly.

Cmon. We led big. Humber failed the team in not putting away a dead Mariner team. How can u blame the manager? It was a bullpen implosion. Reed can be forgiven for not being mentally ready this time. He never thought he'd be used. Now he knows better for the future. It'll be a valuable lesson for him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:00 AM)
How many people will log on tomorrow morning and be stunned after turning the game off or goig to bed?

I turned the Sox game off to watch Brother Rice football on the Web, then took a phone call and was stunned to see on yahoo that Konerko hit. I thought, 'What the f*** is this? We were winning big.' Then I read the game thread. Wow.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:20 AM)
I am sure he will feel just fine sleeping on his mattress filled with $100 bills. Do you really thing the bullpen blowing games for him is going to be the reason why he leaves? It wouldn't have anything to do with some crazy team throwing 4 years of guaranteed money at him....nope....it will be because he is too devastated by our crummy bullpen to pitch another year in such squalor and filth.

Post.More.Often. That was a great post.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:25 AM)
He had that ball in his glove for a good 2-3 steps before the collision (just watched the replay 2-3 times).

It won't be overturned, but it was a catch IMO.

DEPENDS on the definition of "immediately following."

Two or three strides with the ball, to me, isn't immediately following or simultaneously.

Didn't Wise tag up anyway?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 04:27 AM)
Read the rulebook statement I posted. Not a catch.

Nice job posting that. Also, Fathom had a feeling Veal wouldn't have it tonight. Nice feel for the game.