Over/Under on Sox pitcher walks tonight -6-

macsandz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Over. I'd say at least 5 from Liriano and then 2 or 3 from the bullpen that takes over in the 5th.

Sounds about right. But it's not all the pitchers fault. Umpires ridiculously tiny strike zones have ruined the great game of baseball.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
BTW Liriano has a grand total of 1 game this year where he walked more than 4 (A game in which he walked 6 against Texas, but only gave up 1 run and got the W)

This thread is a bucket of suck

The exception is your post above. You are my favorite poster. Your avatar and positive posts are great therapy for the nay sayer. Keep up the good work.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
The exception is your post above. You are my favorite poster. Your avatar and positive posts are great therapy for the nay sayer. Keep up the good work.

I was gonna pull a quote from my "this is real" post but it apparently has vanished so I'll simply offer a thank you.

I try to bring up the facts to pull people from the ledge. It's gotta pretty rough reading the nay sayers posts around here I'm just tryin to "clean it up a bit" so to speak.

Should be an over/under for how many batters they walk after getting the guy to 0-2. I realize the value of a pitch out of the zone, but when our guys miss, they really miss. not close enough for them to even consider swinging at it.

The "Twins' factor" against the Tigers is clearly ONE thing that should actually give us some confidence, because the traditional White Sox ways of beating the Tigers the last 2-3 seasons simply haven't worked.

We've lost 5 in a row this season and 16 out of our last 19 in DET.

The curse has simply shifted east.

Gavin Floyd and Contreras were our pitchers who typically did the best against the Tigers, and Gavin hasn't exactly inspired much confidence this year.

I'd love to see the AL standings in 2 out runs surrendered by the Sox in the 2nd half. That would be pretty indicative of our lack of "clutch" pitching since the All-Star Break, as well as a lot more breakdowns from our defense than the first 85+ games of the year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
The "Twins' factor" against the Tigers is clearly ONE thing that should actually give us some confidence, because the traditional White Sox ways of beating the Tigers the last 2-3 seasons simply haven't worked.

We've lost 5 in a row this season and 16 out of our last 19 in DET.

The curse has simply shifted east.

Gavin Floyd and Contreras were our pitchers who typically did the best against the Tigers, and Gavin hasn't exactly inspired much confidence this year.

I'd love to see the AL standings in 2 out runs surrendered by the Sox in the 2nd half. That would be pretty indicative of our lack of "clutch" pitching since the All-Star Break, as well as a lot more breakdowns from our defense than the first 85+ games of the year.

From observing Tigers' games the past two weeks even in their losses there is still some fight in them in the late innings. With the Sox it seems after a few innings they've made up their minds it's a loss and they want to leave the game. The kids are showing up more than the veterans. This is an emotionally lazy team. Couldn't they at least have a small dugout celebration when a player gets on base? These things may not change the outcome of the game but I get tired of watching the damn sulking. Show your fan base you have some life for cryin out loud.

If they get swept, hopefully it doesn't transfer to the next series. They can still make it to the post season playing good baseball. If baseball is full of streak then maybe they were due for a losing streak.

So is Peavy...he has choked 3 times against the Tigers.

No way they bring him back at those salary numbers for 2013.

All things considered, what starter on the trade market was going to give you 5 good starts out of 7 and cost you next to nothing?

Would we be any better off with Greinke now, having had to trade Trayce Thompson to get him? We have such an old core with AJ/Dunn/Rios/Konerko/Youk/Alexei that we need to reinvigorate it with some young power bats.

We might have missed with Mitchell (still believe he's got a shot), but Thompson and Viciedo both have the ability to be 30+ home run guys in the future. And Hawkins, too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)

All things considered, what starter on the trade market was going to give you 5 good starts out of 7 and cost you next to nothing?

Would we be any better off with Greinke now, having had to trade Trayce Thompson to get him? We have such an old core with AJ/Dunn/Rios/Konerko/Youk/Alexei that we need to reinvigorate it with some young power bats.

We might have missed with Mitchell (still believe he's got a shot), but Thompson and Viciedo both have the ability to be 30+ home run guys in the future. And Hawkins, too.

Hopefully Kenny shops Dunn to the NL.

Sad is some of the replacements would be Morel and Flowers. Just think how bad this team would be with Beckham, Morel and Flowers in the lineup? I think they work some deal with Youk.

As for Rios, playing RF and working with Manto is like having a new player on the team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)

Good post. I don't blame KW for bringing in Liriano. He's doing just as I expected, however. He's OK, definitely nothing special. Maybe it'd be worth letting him work with Coop another year tho.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
Liriano's ERA with the Sox is 4.54.

Nothing great, but he's still improved on his season averages with the Twins since joining us. Better than regressing, like Greinke did for awhile.

Of course, many would now argue the Angels' chances for the post-season are about the same as the Sox.

Huh? The Sox are in 1st place.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 04:33 AM)
Liriano's ERA with the Sox is 4.54.

Nothing great, but he's still improved on his season averages with the Twins since joining us. Better than regressing, like Greinke did for awhile.

Of course, many would now argue the Angels' chances for the post-season are about the same as the Sox.

Of course, since Liriano's history is one of inconsistency, he's one start away from putting his Sox ERA back over 5.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
Of course, since Liriano's history is one of inconsistency, he's one start away from putting his Sox ERA back over 5.

It's amazing how many big name players the Sox have added and still can't quite shake the hex of not making the playoffs.

Good moves to bring in Myers, Youk and Liriano and even immediately fill a need for a week with Wise instead of going with some minor league hack of ours. KW has done all he can do, really. Now it's up to the players to close it out with a good 3.5 weeks or give up.