9/16 White Sox at Twins

WOW.

Lucky break there, have to take advantage.

That's 14/17 steals against Diamond. Pretty unusual for a lefty, to have such a high success rate.

Dayan makes him pay. 63 RBI's on the year, has a great stroke to RCF against lefties.

16 doubles, 3-1 Sox, another 2 run lead for Peavy.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blyleven ripping on the Nationals' decision to "bench" Strasburg, same with McDonald and the Pirates.

Unlucky break with ball bouncing right back to Doumit, preventing Viciedo from scoring.

Rios, Kinsler and BJ Upton the only players since 2009 with 75+ homers and 90+ SB's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)
You get the feeling Viciedo is going to be some sort of very good next year.

If he can get a better handle on easing up on his swing, especially with 2 strikes.

And he's GOT to improve against RHP if he wants to be a regular player and not a platoon candidate.

Will be interesting to see how Wise, DeAza and Dayan finish up here...and where they'll be playing in 2013, with DeAza asking to play LF and that obviously not feasible if you want to keep Viciedo in the line-up anywhere but DH.

Doubt they'd trade Dunn to open up a position for Wise, lol.

Peavy 4-7 on the road, 6-4 at home. Strange splits this year, especially for Sale being so dominant in a homer haven of USCF.

Blyleven wondering why Peavy hasn't been shut down, too, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

Jimenez not starting off well against DET. Bases loaded already for the Tigers.

Didn't want to give Doumit a fastball to hit there in that sequence.

One more out, this feels like a huge inning to get over the hump.

Tigers out to a 2-0 lead, someone got a key 2 out hit. Tigers now leading the AL with RISP.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
Mauer killing Peavy today

I was going to say that it looks like todays hero for the opposition is going to be Mauer. It isn't so bad when they just get singles but a homer and double means he is getting crushed by a good hitter. Might not bod well towards the end of the game

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 07:05 PM)
You get the feeling Viciedo is going to be some sort of very good next year.

If CQ had put up the numbers of Viciedo this year for the Sox, people on here would be burying him. I know, Dayan is young. But he has a lot of improving to do. Most people thought he'd be ready to rake this season after not being rushed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
If CQ had put up the numbers of Viciedo this year for the Sox, people on here would be burying him. I know, Dayan is young. But he has a lot of improving to do. Most people thought he'd be ready to rake this season after not being rushed.

There seemed to be some and still are that zero in on one player and just ride him for all it's worth in a negative manner. It's a shame sometimes to see. CQ is putting up good numbers in San Diego regardless of his physical condition

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
There seemed to be some and still are that zero in on one player and just ride him for all it's worth in a negative manner. It's a shame sometimes to see. CQ is putting up good numbers in San Diego regardless of his physical condition

Yep. You are the best fan I've ever seen. I don't know how you stay so positive regarding most all of the players and the team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)

20-25 homers and 70-75 RBI's is right about where most projected....maybe a bit short on the RBI's and batting average, but not far off.

Twins 29-45 at home so far this season.

Threatening to go a woeful 4-14 against the White Sox.

Beckham with a nice swing there, but hit right at Revere, playing LF for the first time this season.

Wise robbed by Plouffe, snagging the ball despite being in a bit to cover the bunt. Bad luck for Sox hitters this inning so far.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
Huge change-up K's Parmelee and avoids the bases-loaded opportunity for the dangerous Plouffe (22 homers).

Good job Jake! Mauer is the only one with hits for thre Twinkies so far. Let's shut them all down Jake.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
20-25 homers and 70-75 RBI's is right about where most projected....maybe a bit short on the RBI's and batting average, but not far off.

Twins 29-45 at home so far this season.

Threatening to go a woeful 4-14 against the White Sox.

Yeah but his on base percentage is ridiculously bad isn't it? Hopefully he gets hot cause Detroit is back. We ain't getting a wild card so we gotta win the division.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)

I do think Viciedo has a huge upside. A full season to learn should mean a good 2013. I am looking for an improved batting average, more doubles and about 25-30 homers. He just needs to reign in that swing, take some more pitches and go with what he is given instead of trying to murder everything

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:15 PM)

You're right. Getting paid $8 million to do that would be something of a disappointment and you'd probably want to bury a guy for that.

I never, ever said he was going to rake this year. I half expected Robin to have him in a platoon situation with Fukudome in April, and I said you had to play him no matter how much he struggled. He's been better than I expected, particularly on defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
You're right. Getting paid $8 million to do that would be something of a disappointment and you'd probably want to bury a guy for that.

I never, ever said he was going to rake this year. I half expected Robin to have him in a platoon situation with Fukudome in April, and I said you had to play him no matter how much he struggled. He's been better than I expected, particularly on defense.

I agree with part of that :lolhitting

Rios doesn't have a great OBP either, despite his superior performance all season.

Beckham and Ramirez, too.

We've got 6 hitters basically with 20+ HR power, and DeAza/Beckham/Ramirez each have some pop...but that's a huge area of concern, if not for Dunn/Konerko, our OBP would be one of the worst in the AL.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)

The problem with Quentin is...Quentin had the talent where, by age 27, he ought to be challenging for an MVP every year...and it's only his body that keeps it from happening. Whether that's conditioning or what, he's never gotten to where he should have been.

If we'd had the 2008 Carlos Quentin for 2009-2011, Ozzie Guillen would still be managing this team and we'd have won the division at least once, maybe twice more.