9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 05:03 AM)
That was really cool what Lillibridge tried to do. He just rose 2 notches in my book.

That was awesome! The way he flipped the ball and the look on his face, it was like: Here fellas, I'm gonna single handedly give you guys a chance to get your head out of your ass and play some playoff baseball. It was classic. Then the next pitch or two, pop up and Lilly couldn't drop it. It woulda been too obvious. Thanks Lilly! You are now one of my favorites of all time.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
That was awesome! The way he flipped the ball and the look on his face, it was like: Here fellas, I'm gonna single handedly give you guys a chance to get your head out of your ass and play some playoff baseball. It was classic. Then the next pitch or two, pop up and Lilly couldn't drop it. It woulda been too obvious. Thanks Lilly! You are now one of my favorites of all time.

He should have just dropped the throw on the 1-6-3 DP

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 05:08 AM)
There are 7 games left and we are 1 game down, guys.

Lot of baseball left to be played.

Four more horrific games to be played, then I'd suspect 3 good ones in Cleveland when it's way too late.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
1.) We are not talking about day to day game play. He has struggled for over a month. Its do or die. So in your world. Carl Everett is our 3 hole hitter in 2005 through the playoffs. Because if we apply the same rules to that season do you think we win without that move.

I was referring more to the comment about Alexei. I wouldn't move Youk now, but I would have moved him 2-3 weeks ago when it didn't look like we were moving things around out of sheer panic. The fact that Carl Everett was our 3 hitter for any stretch of time at that stage of his career is kind of frightening in and of itself, btw

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
Why not? Maybe it shakes things up a bit.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
I was referring more to the comment about Alexei. I wouldn't move Youk now, but I would have moved him 2-3 weeks ago when it didn't look like we were moving things around out of sheer panic. The fact that Carl Everett was our 3 hitter for any stretch of time at that stage of his career is kind of frightening in and of itself, btw

My lineup tomorrow would be the following

DeAza

Beckham

Rios

Dunn 1B

Viciedo

Johnson DH

Youk

AJ

Alexei

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
1. Don't move the lineup around based on game to game play

2. This past week has been the unfortunate logical end to a pretty long-term trend of worsening play for our boys. The talent is there to surge to the finish, but the health, mindset, luck, and everything else may not be. I'm happy to get to worry about this crap in the last week of September.

I'm thinking the talent is not there. The mindset is a repeat of 2003,07-12. (weak)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 05:13 AM)
So what pitcher do we get to see work 4 2/3 lousy innings next game?

Ugh. I'd let him go six minimum no matter how many walks and how many runs he gives up. Sox have proven they can't win the other way. Let the starters take their lumps the rest of the way, Robin. Sink or swim. Needing to cover four innings with Sox bullpen isn't working nor will it work.